Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784998 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7450 on: 25 October 2017, 17:40 »
Very happy with both but I did do both at the same time and I've only drove the car around the block as it were but still noticed the difference.

Not sure how or what part of the car got me but it put a hole in my arm, nothing that a bit of super glue couldn't sort out though but it bloody hurt.

Ouch :cry: Still that'll heal and be forgotten in a couple of days but the fruit of your effort will be enjoyed every time you dip that clutch :laugh:

I found the spring once disconnected by me at the bottom unexpectedly came out of it's own accord with quite some energy, could be the culprit...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7451 on: 25 October 2017, 17:42 »
Very happy with both but I did do both at the same time and I've only drove the car around the block as it were but still noticed the difference.

Not sure how or what part of the car got me but it put a hole in my arm, nothing that a bit of super glue couldn't sort out though but it bloody hurt.

Ouch :cry: Still that'll heal and be forgotten in a couple of days but the fruit of your effort will be enjoyed every time you dip that clutch :laugh:

I found the spring once disconnected by me at the bottom unexpectedly came out of it's own accord with quite some energy, could be the culprit...

That could be it actually, I still haven't found the spring but I'm sure it will rattle up some day.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7452 on: 26 October 2017, 19:56 »
My car has been 'enjoying' high standards of customer care from the local dealer today whilst in for some warranty work that still isn't sorted. It would be nice if VW techs remember to actually refit important parts of car that they remove.

I know North East Scotland is famed for the dry, arid weather we have at this time of year, but I find windscreen wipers are most effective at doing their job when bolted to the car. And not as pictured here, lying disconnected in the boot

I didn't appreciate finding this out whilst on the A90 during a shower of rain  :rolleyes:

Those that know me can confirm that I am a calm & reasonable man ;) , but even I struggled to contain my sarcasm to the service team when I got the car back to them to fix this 'oversight'

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7453 on: 26 October 2017, 20:14 »

After sourcing brescias and some discounted good years I finally have my white silver gti sitting much sweeter!!!

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7454 on: 26 October 2017, 20:49 »
but I find windscreen wipers are most effective at doing their job when bolted to the car. And not as pictured here, lying disconnected in the boot

:laugh:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7455 on: 26 October 2017, 21:10 »
My car has been 'enjoying' high standards of customer care from the local dealer today whilst in for some warranty work that still isn't sorted. It would be nice if VW techs remember to actually refit important parts of car that they remove.

I know North East Scotland is famed for the dry, arid weather we have at this time of year, but I find windscreen wipers are most effective at doing their job when bolted to the car. And not as pictured here, lying disconnected in the boot

I didn't appreciate finding this out whilst on the A90 during a shower of rain  :rolleyes:

Those that know me can confirm that I am a calm & reasonable man ;) , but even I struggled to contain my sarcasm to the service team when I got the car back to them to fix this 'oversight'

Shocking, what a bunch of ar$es!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7456 on: 26 October 2017, 21:12 »

After sourcing brescias and some discounted good years I finally have my white silver gti sitting much sweeter!!!

They look great! I still don't understand why they are so much cheaper than Santiagos, if mine get too damaged (two are already a bit buckled) I'd definitely consider a set of those :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7457 on: 26 October 2017, 21:23 »

Any chance of a full side on pic of the whole car? Thanks.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7458 on: 26 October 2017, 22:02 »

Any chance of a full side on pic of the whole car?

image hosting cdn
Best I got...

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7459 on: 26 October 2017, 23:35 »
That’s lovely. So so much better than the dreadful 18’s.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.