Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7360 on: 14 October 2017, 10:01 »
My R has gone 😕
A bit sooner than I thought but at least it has saved me the hassle of trying to sell it myself to some unknown. You would like to to think someone genuine would turn and they probably would have but with this type of car who knows what could have happened !!   :embarrassed:
Just hope whoever gets it next looks after it like I did for the last 2 1/2 Years

One itch that was well and truly scratched 👍

Farewell to your lovely Lapiz!  Bring on the GTI.  :cool:
My R has gone 😕
A bit sooner than I thought but at least it has saved me the hassle of trying to sell it myself to some unknown. You would like to to think someone genuine would turn and they probably would have but with this type of car who knows what could have happened !!   :embarrassed:
Just hope whoever gets it next looks after it like I did for the last 2 1/2 Years

One itch that was well and truly scratched 👍

Farewell to your lovely Lapiz!  Bring on the GTI.  :cool:

Thanks both  :smiley:
I was truly gutted when I handed the keys over but my bank balance looks a lot healthier......For now  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7361 on: 15 October 2017, 20:34 »
Had a dash cam fitted. Decided that I've had a lot of close encounters recently since getting the GTI so purchased a Nextbase 212 from Halfords and used their fitting service. The guy who fitted it was spot on and did a great job. I chatted with him while be did most of it and he was very careful and hid all the wires superbly.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7362 on: 15 October 2017, 22:17 »
Has he hid it behind the mirror? Plus is the pic that blurry or haven't you peeled off the lens protector?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7363 on: 15 October 2017, 22:48 »
Had a dash cam fitted. Decided that I've had a lot of close encounters recently since getting the GTI so purchased a Nextbase 212 from Halfords and used their fitting service. The guy who fitted it was spot on and did a great job. I chatted with him while be did most of it and he was very careful and hid all the wires superbly.

I'd be very interested in your review of this and if you had a video of it at work would be great.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7364 on: 15 October 2017, 23:12 »
Has he hid it behind the mirror? Plus is the pic that blurry or haven't you peeled off the lens protector?

Yes all tucked away and just the wire coming out at the mirror. Very neat job, he was very careful with the trim etc. It's blurry because when I turned the ignition on to take a picture the windscreen steamed up!  :rolleyes:

But yes there is a also a screen protector on which I had taken off but screen looks pretty clear even with it on. I asked him to hide it behind the mirror so you can't see the screen that well but I wanted it out the way rather than a distraction.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7365 on: 15 October 2017, 23:17 »

I'd be very interested in your review of this and if you had a video of it at work would be great.

Will do, only driven back from Halfords today so not much to review. Checked out some of the footage as it saves everything in 2mins30 clips and the rewrites over the oldest when full. Also locks any clips you save or if this G sensor is activated.

The unit is £69 at moment and fitting is £30 which includes the £20 hardwiring kit so no point trying to do it yourself for £10! Decided against the 312 as only extra feature is wifi and it's £30 more.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7366 on: 16 October 2017, 11:22 »
Cheers, I noticed the hazy screen as well but only noticed the fog on the screen now after you mentioned it.  :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7367 on: 16 October 2017, 19:32 »
Booked it in for Wednesday to get a fault looked at - the exhaust sound generator from the Sport & Sound pack has stopped working  :rolleyes:

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7368 on: 16 October 2017, 19:40 »
Booked it in for Wednesday to get a fault looked at - the exhaust sound generator from the Sport & Sound pack has stopped working  :rolleyes:

"Drive with greater care"? Really?
Someone in VW's programming department is having a laugh  :grin:
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7369 on: 16 October 2017, 19:51 »
 :grin:
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special