Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7350 on: 12 October 2017, 22:11 »
Changed my mind on the colour  :whistle:
Been mulling it over since I ordered it and decided Deep Black will do my head in if I can’t keep on top of it so contacted my salesman and changed it to Indium Grey before it’s too late !!
I have had Indium before on a Scirocco and it is fairly forgiving and good at hiding the muck plus been swayed by a few of the people on here’s shiny cars.
Now feeling happy with my spec choices  :cool:
It is currently showing as build week 5 so time to sit back relax and wait for Mar 1st  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7351 on: 12 October 2017, 22:17 »
Indium is a good colour and a safe choice. Also much easier to maintain than DBP or plain old CG  :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7352 on: 12 October 2017, 22:20 »
Been mulling it over since I ordered it and decided Deep Black will do my head in if I can’t keep on top of it so contacted my salesman and changed it to Indium Grey before it’s too late !!
I have had Indium before on a Scirocco and it is fairly forgiving and good at hiding the muck plus been swayed by a few of the people on here’s shiny cars.
It is currently showing as build week 5 so time to sit back relax and wait for Mar 1st  :smiley:

Must say you never did sound entirely at ease with the DBP. Got to be happy with your choice otherwise it's a costly regret. That said I think you would have kept on top of the black. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7353 on: 12 October 2017, 22:37 »

Must say you never did sound entirely at ease with the DBP. Got to be happy with your choice otherwise it's a costly regret. That said I think you would have kept on top of the black.

Thanks.. you can’t fool feminine intuition  :wink:
you are right  :undecided:  the colour was the only thing that I was not totally happy with so it had to be changed !
« Last Edit: 12 October 2017, 22:45 by JB GTI »

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7354 on: 12 October 2017, 22:44 »
Indium is a good colour and a safe choice. Also much easier to maintain than DBP or plain old CG  :smiley:
Thanks. I had a Metallic Black Mk4 Golf GTi brand new in 1999 and swore blind I would never have another so was a little concerned that I had initially ordered another one  :shocked:  It was mainly down to the minimal choice of colours you can order a Golf in. To be honest I would have had another Carbon Grey like a shot but some numb nuts decided to discontinue it  :evil:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7355 on: 13 October 2017, 14:46 »
Thanks guys and gal.
I’ll let you into an embarrassing secret, the car has just  passed the 5600 mile mark. And it’s 19 months old!!

Because I'm sad and seem to have hundreds of fingers (common West Country trait) I just did a quick calculation and worked out that you're doing almost exactly the same average mileage as me!  :embarrassed:
1765 in six and a half months.

My old maths teacher would have been proud of that calculation had he not decided that I was a lost cause and vanished into the boys toilets with a skipping rope and several bottles of sleeping pills.

I've never liked the Belvederes on my own car but they look great in that shot.
A couple times now I've seen pics of Belvederes on non-Clubsports and they look really good.
A bit of lowering can help I guess.

I think it's the height of the Clubsport rear spoiler that makes the wheels look small on the ED40.

But they look really good in that pic on the GTI :afro:

I too wasn't a big fan when I first saw them  :whistle:

But I took a bit of a gamble - my Austin's when I bought the car had two wheels needing a refurb, then i had a very light brush with a kerb avoiding someone on the wrong side of the road meaning 3 wheels needed work. As long as I had the car I'd been looking for a set of OEM 19's and just couldn't find a set at sensible money.

This set came up for sale, barely covered a 1000 miles and at very sensible money so I took a punt. Glad I did too  :cool:

I just keep looking at your pics and thinking how good they look on a non ClubSport GTI with that bit of lowering.
Are you going to run spacers too?
I'll assume you've not got any fitted already and it looks good as is.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7356 on: 13 October 2017, 15:19 »
Thanks guys and gal.
I’ll let you into an embarrassing secret, the car has just  passed the 5600 mile mark. And it’s 19 months old!!
What a pair of losers/tossers,  take your pick :laugh:

Because I'm sad and seem to have hundreds of fingers (common West Country trait) I just did a quick calculation and worked out that you're doing almost exactly the same average mileage as me!  :embarrassed:
1765 in six and a half months.

My old maths teacher would have been proud of that calculation had he not decided that I was a lost cause and vanished into the boys toilets with a skipping rope and several bottles of sleeping pills.

I've never liked the Belvederes on my own car but they look great in that shot.
A couple times now I've seen pics of Belvederes on non-Clubsports and they look really good.
A bit of lowering can help I guess.

I think it's the height of the Clubsport rear spoiler that makes the wheels look small on the ED40.

But they look really good in that pic on the GTI :afro:

I too wasn't a big fan when I first saw them  :whistle:

But I took a bit of a gamble - my Austin's when I bought the car had two wheels needing a refurb, then i had a very light brush with a kerb avoiding someone on the wrong side of the road meaning 3 wheels needed work. As long as I had the car I'd been looking for a set of OEM 19's and just couldn't find a set at sensible money.

This set came up for sale, barely covered a 1000 miles and at very sensible money so I took a punt. Glad I did too  :cool:

I just keep looking at your pics and thinking how good they look on a non ClubSport GTI with that bit of lowering.
Are you going to run spacers too?
I'll assume you've not got any fitted already and it looks good as is.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7357 on: 14 October 2017, 08:17 »
My R has gone 😕
A bit sooner than I thought but at least it has saved me the hassle of trying to sell it myself to some unknown. You would like to to think someone genuine would turn and they probably would have but with this type of car who knows what could have happened !!   :embarrassed:
Just hope whoever gets it next looks after it like I did for the last 2 1/2 Years

One itch that was well and truly scratched 👍
« Last Edit: 14 October 2017, 08:20 by JB GTI »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7358 on: 14 October 2017, 09:03 »
My R has gone 😕
A bit sooner than I thought but at least it has saved me the hassle of trying to sell it myself to some unknown. You would like to to think someone genuine would turn and they probably would have but with this type of car who knows what could have happened !!   :embarrassed:
Just hope whoever gets it next looks after it like I did for the last 2 1/2 Years

Judging by that photo the next owner will be very lucky! Roll on the new King, bring on the GTI!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7359 on: 14 October 2017, 09:44 »
My R has gone 😕

Farewell to your lovely Lapiz!  Bring on the GTI.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11