Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7320 on: 09 October 2017, 14:05 »
Removed the clutch assist spring today, very easy to do and helps reduce some of the vagueness in the clutch.
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-clutch-assist-spring-removal/

Next mod is to modify the clutch bleeder block by removing the CDV (clutch delay valve).
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-clutch-delay-valve-removal/

Anyone on here, done both of these before?

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7321 on: 09 October 2017, 16:46 »
Checked the tyre tread depths (using my new electronic tread gauge), on my Pirelli P Zero's on my 19" Santiago's.

N/F (Avg) 5.85mm                        O/F (avg) 6.09mm

N/R (avg) 5.91mm                        O/R (avg) 5.87mm

Not too bad methinks for over 14k already on the tyres, should easily see 20k. Quite surprised for 19" Ultra low profile tyres (but then I did rotate them fronts to rears at 8,900 miles).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7322 on: 09 October 2017, 17:29 »
Removed the clutch assist spring today, very easy to do and helps reduce some of the vagueness in the clutch.
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-clutch-assist-spring-removal/

Next mod is to modify the clutch bleeder block by removing the CDV (clutch delay valve).
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-clutch-delay-valve-removal/

Anyone on here, done both of these before?

Interesting.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7323 on: 09 October 2017, 21:04 »
Love or hate them I fitted them.....

Eyebrows....

free url hosting

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7324 on: 09 October 2017, 21:56 »
Checked the tyre tread depths (using my new electronic tread gauge), on my Pirelli P Zero's on my 19" Santiago's.

N/F (Avg) 5.85mm                        O/F (avg) 6.09mm

N/R (avg) 5.91mm                        O/R (avg) 5.87mm

Not too bad methinks for over 14k already on the tyres, should easily see 20k. Quite surprised for 19" Ultra low profile tyres (but then I did rotate them fronts to rears at 8,900 miles).

My P Zeros are down to about 3mm at the back and 4mm at the front after 19.6k miles, very pleased with that but will likely replace with PS4S for the better grip. Will change in the next few weeks.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7325 on: 09 October 2017, 22:32 »

Eyebrows....

free url hosting

Interesting. Isn't the point of eyebrows that they are normally colour coded so they make the headlights look smaller/meaner? Very Max Power like though   :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7326 on: 10 October 2017, 07:38 »

Eyebrows....

free url hosting

Interesting. Isn't the point of eyebrows that they are normally colour coded so they make the headlights look smaller/meaner? Very Max Power like though   :grin:

Slowly adding some black accents. Already added black gloss wing Mirror caps!

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7327 on: 10 October 2017, 09:07 »
Golf R dreaming!  :whistle:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #7328 on: 11 October 2017, 13:22 »

Eyebrows....

free url hosting

Got a front view pic?  I have been toying with the idea for mine, keeping them gloss black too.

Offline FunkyMunky

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7329 on: 11 October 2017, 13:48 »
Had the car detailed so went out and took some pic's before it got dirty

Pure White MK7 GTI PP DSG, 18" Belvedere alloys, DCC, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Keyless Entry, Winter Pack & Climate Windscreen