Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785073 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7300 on: 07 October 2017, 08:39 »
I still have time to change it to Indium Grey  :whistle:

Wuss.

Seems I am not alone in my thoughts on DBP but I take on board your constructive comments on my dilemma you so eloquently provided :rolleyes:

Sense of humour failure?  :whistle:

I gave you my constructive comments on DBP in the detailing section when you asked about DBP. :smiley: 

Plenty of people to put you off DBP.  Go with your heart.  :smiley:  Get the grey 😴  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 08:41 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7301 on: 07 October 2017, 09:21 »
My car is carbon grey but I sometimes regret not getting DBP.
I agree that it shows every blemish when the light hits it a certain way but so does my CG and dark blue is just as bad.
Wash it carefully and stand back and admire is my advice.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7302 on: 07 October 2017, 09:26 »

Wuss.

Seems I am not alone in my thoughts on DBP but I take on board your constructive comments on my dilemma you so eloquently provided :rolleyes:

I gave you my constructive comments on DBP in the detailing section when you asked about DBP. :smiley: 

Plenty of people to put you off DBP.  Go with your heart.  :smiley:  Get the grey 😴  :laugh:

No no no !! I do think it will look better in Black but I will hold you and your car personally responsible when mine doesn’t live up to your standards  :grin:

The range of available colours for these cars is crap !!  I would have had Carbon Grey again like a shot but the fools withdrew it and left us with the most uninspiring palette ever !!
Ps I have already ordered the Citrus pre wash  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7303 on: 07 October 2017, 11:30 »

Wuss.

No no no !! I do think it will look better in Black but I will hold you and your car personally responsible when mine doesn’t live up to your standards  :grin:

The range of available colours for these cars is crap !!  I would have had Carbon Grey again like a shot but the fools withdrew it and left us with the most uninspiring palette ever !!
Ps I have already ordered the Citrus pre wash  :wink:

Haha.  It will be up to your standards, lol.  Judging from your previous treatment of your outgoing Lapiz, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  :smiley:  Indium might wear the dirt better but if there are swirls, they'll still show.

The colour palette is utterly crap, woeful. I've warmed to White Silver though having seen it in the flesh. But like most of the palette, it will look rubbish on a full uk day.

Snow foam + Citrus pre wash is a winning combination.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #7304 on: 07 October 2017, 11:43 »

Wuss.

I've heard it said you enjoy black cars on only two days - the day you buy it and the day you sell it! 

I had a look at the range of GTIs in most colours in my dealer's stock depot.  The stand out for me was Isaac Blue.  Similar to the old Graphite Blue in Mk5 GTIs. Tornado Red is as good as ever - really suits the GTI IMO. White Silver was strange - I went from hating it to loving it to hating it again, depending on how the light fell across it.  At times it looks like flat undercoat with no "pop".

But to each their own :-)
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7305 on: 07 October 2017, 12:32 »

Wuss.

I've heard it said you enjoy black cars on only two days - the day you buy it and the day you sell it! 

I had a look at the range of GTIs in most colours in my dealer's stock depot.  The stand out for me was Isaac Blue.  Similar to the old Graphite Blue in Mk5 GTIs. Tornado Red is as good as ever - really suits the GTI IMO. White Silver was strange - I went from hating it to loving it to hating it again, depending on how the light fell across it.  At times it looks like flat undercoat with no "pop".

But to each their own :-)

I agree Isaac Blue is a great colour but my brother beat me to that one on his GTi !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7306 on: 07 October 2017, 12:35 »

You heard wrong.  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7307 on: 07 October 2017, 13:57 »
Tornado Red is as good as ever - really suits the GTI IMO.

:smiley: :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #7308 on: 08 October 2017, 01:54 »

I heard it from my neighbour who had just sold his black car!  :laugh:
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7309 on: 08 October 2017, 08:15 »

I heard it from my neighbour who had just sold his black car!  :laugh:

Obviously a fair weather black car owner.  :tongue:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual