Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7130 on: 09 September 2017, 09:49 »
Not what I've done but another motorist who locked up their brakes in the wet and rear ended my GTI. Initially thought it was okay but on closer inspection the bumper is cracked, about a 4 inch horizontal one from the right side of the numberplate indent :angry: :cry: I'd slowed down and pulled to the left to let an ambulance pass between the two lanes of traffic, looked in the mirror and saw the car just as it hit me. 33 years I've been driving, never had an accident before this year and now I've been hit twice in broad daylight. It's not like the car is difficult to spot, TR is so bright it can be seen from the bl**dy moon! :rolleyes:

So, another call to Direct Line, more paperwork but at least it's driveable in the meantime and no-one has been hurt (apart from my sore neck which no is not an attempt to claim for whiplash. Unless it is whiplash, I'm seeing my physio on Tuesday, he'll sort it).

Fcuk me, I'd park it on the roadside for a day or so because aren't these things supposed to happen in 3's

That is some bad luck you've had.

Now I'm worried! Hopefully though the bash I put into the front wing last year count's as the third :rolleyes: There's not going to be much original paint on the car, both front wings, passenger door and bumper non-original... Yet all the most stone chipped panels remain intact!

Are the stone chips on the bonnet?  If so go out and hit one of those cyclist that think it's okay to run through a red light. Granted you won't be able to claim off his/her insurance but at least you'll have taken one of them off the road and you get your stone chips sorted. Also if you have a problem with your windscreen like mcmaddy has then increase your speed by 5-10mph and you should have your reason to get a spanking new screen as well.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7131 on: 09 September 2017, 10:32 »
They'll need to go over the roof too and I'll have to reverse into one. That should cover them all :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7132 on: 09 September 2017, 14:07 »
Took the wife to pick up her new car this morning. She's left the VAG after 20 years of Passats, A4's and lastly A3's.
Surprisingly she never had a Golf, although toyed with getting a CS after seeing one in a dealership a while back.
Hope she knows what she's doing :undecided:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7133 on: 09 September 2017, 20:30 »
Took the wife to pick up her new car this morning. She's left the VAG after 20 years of Passats, A4's and lastly A3's.
Surprisingly she never had a Golf, although toyed with getting a CS after seeing one in a dealership a while back.

Looks very smart kalimon, hope your wife will be pleased with it :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7134 on: 09 September 2017, 21:41 »

Looks very smart kalimon, hope your wife will be pleased with it :smiley:
She loves it. It's remarkably similar to the Golf in the way the media player and general  switch gear are layed out.
9 speed auto box is smooth as f**k!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7135 on: 09 September 2017, 22:54 »
Hate to say it but I chopped in my 65 plate (facelift) Evoque, it was a total rattle bucket and numerous trips to different dealers was to no avail, friend at work had one too and had did the same thing but went for an X5 instead of a Golf. Drove alright the 9speed as you say is good, the raised driving position is nice n all but I always looked at RR/Sports and though "Oh, maybe I'm not so high".

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7136 on: 10 September 2017, 08:55 »
Hate to say it but I chopped in my 65 plate (facelift) Evoque, it was a total rattle bucket and numerous trips to different dealers was to no avail, friend at work had one too and had did the same thing but went for an X5 instead of a Golf. Drove alright the 9speed as you say is good, the raised driving position is nice n all but I always looked at RR/Sports and though "Oh, maybe I'm not so high".
You could well be proved right. The driving position isn't that high and I read plenty of negative reviews before she ordered it.
At the end of the day though, it's her money so I keep out of it :lipsrsealed:
Ps
It's better than her having a CS parked next to my GTI :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7137 on: 10 September 2017, 11:30 »

Fully paid up member of the 'Worsley Wives' set  :grin:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7138 on: 10 September 2017, 11:46 »
 :laugh: :laugh:
Have you been stalking me Eccie?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #7139 on: 12 September 2017, 17:58 »
Today I fitted a Boomba Racing Short Shift to my GTI.

Installation was super easy and took less than 10 minutes. The adapter plate reduces the throw by 28%.

The results are great! Feels really good, super smooth and very precise. Well worth the £93.50 asking price IMHO. :grin:
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.