Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7010 on: 07 August 2017, 12:54 »
Wow £2k - not to be sniffed at - congrats !

You're not wrong but if I had of got the extra number of be posting photos of my clubsport s right now.  :cry:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7011 on: 07 August 2017, 13:14 »

You're not wrong but if I had of got the extra number of be posting photos of my clubsport s right now.  :cry:

Still bloody good though! What a mega surprise that must've been! Perhaps VW had organised it to make reparations for all the grief they caused you? :laugh: Anyways, enjoy it :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7012 on: 07 August 2017, 13:41 »

Clubsport!!!! R or 570s McLaren surely. £2k sweet but glass half empty will always think what if that one bloody number. :cry:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7013 on: 07 August 2017, 19:36 »

Still bloody good though! What a mega surprise that must've been! Perhaps VW had organised it to make reparations for all the grief they caused you? :laugh: Anyways, enjoy it :smiley:

Enjoy it, I still have to collect it.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7014 on: 07 August 2017, 19:44 »

Clubsport!!!! R or 570s McLaren surely. £2k sweet but glass half empty will always think what if that one bloody number. :cry:

Honestly, it would be a Golf. Look at the problems some of the members on here are having parts and even cars taken and think of the problems a supercar would entail? The Golf(performance model) is more than enough for me thanks but if I had of got the other number I would probably have had an R as a daily driver.

I've got my health which is something I've not always had so I'm good enough for now.

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7015 on: 07 August 2017, 20:33 »
Had mine serviced (VW main dealer).  When I booked it in I specifically asked whether they would be using the long life oil (as it's the best quality there is) even though my car is on the fixed interval regime.  She assured me it would be.  However when I got home and checked the service book the "longlife oil" option is ticked "No".  The invoice simply states "oil used = Shell Helix" price £6.45 + VAT per litre. Last service it was longlife around £16 per litre.  Does anyone know what this cheaper Helix stuff is?
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7016 on: 07 August 2017, 23:40 »
They only use one oil now so doesn't matter if you are fixed or long life.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7017 on: 08 August 2017, 08:38 »
Had mine serviced (VW main dealer).  When I booked it in I specifically asked whether they would be using the long life oil (as it's the best quality there is) even though my car is on the fixed interval regime.  She assured me it would be.  However when I got home and checked the service book the "longlife oil" option is ticked "No".  The invoice simply states "oil used = Shell Helix" price £6.45 + VAT per litre. Last service it was longlife around £16 per litre.  Does anyone know what this cheaper Helix stuff is?

Ii might be worth getting it checked out because a number of (R) owners have found that VW have serviced their cars using the wrong oil, i.e not the recommended 5W 30 Castol Edge or branded equivalent. Some had the dealership re-do the oil change.

As above though, it should all be longline oil these days, regardless of service regime.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7018 on: 08 August 2017, 19:56 »
Thanks both above I'll try and find out from them.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #7019 on: 08 August 2017, 21:56 »
Got OBDEleven up and running so no more stop start and no more sound actor.

When the start-stop should be kicking in, I get the crossed through A symbol showing start stop is not available. Doesn't really bother me but assume that's normal?
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership