Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6900 on: 10 July 2017, 10:15 »
Prets are an absolutely essential box to tick imo. Everything else is debatable (imo of course!).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6901 on: 10 July 2017, 11:58 »
Prets are an absolutely essential box to tick imo. Everything else is debatable (imo of course!).

This ^
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6902 on: 10 July 2017, 12:01 »
Will I regret not speccing Prets? Probably but seeing how I don't have DCC either I didn't want to compromise the ride plus I'll go with the old adage 19"s for show, 18"s for go  :grin: :grin:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6903 on: 10 July 2017, 13:03 »
Will I regret not speccing Prets? Probably but seeing how I don't have DCC either I didn't want to compromise the ride plus I'll go with the old adage 19"s for show, 18"s for go  :grin: :grin:

Personally yes, I wouldn't have ordered the car without them - significantly easier for me to say that though as they only cost about €130 to spec here!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6904 on: 10 July 2017, 13:42 »

18" VW OEM Prets are now available in a bright silver finish so with a set of these you could stick with 18"s for go but have the looks of the Prets for show. AFAIK they aren't available to order as part of the factory spec, but you could always get a set and retro-fit them. One of the members on VWROC forum has fitted a set to their mk7 R. They are VW part no. 5G0071498A 88Z. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6905 on: 10 July 2017, 13:50 »

18" VW OEM Prets are now available in a bright silver finish so with a set of these you could stick with 18"s for go but have the looks of the Prets for show. AFAIK they aren't available to order as part of the factory spec, but you could always get a set and retro-fit them. One of the members on VWROC forum has fitted a set to their mk7 R. They are VW part no. 5G0071498A 88Z.

I saw those but wasn't over impressed to be honest. I think further down the line I would rather have something like these

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/neuspeed/neuspeed-rse10-light-weight-wheel-18x8-5x112/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6906 on: 10 July 2017, 14:18 »

I saw those but wasn't over impressed to be honest. I think further down the line I would rather have something like these

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/neuspeed/neuspeed-rse10-light-weight-wheel-18x8-5x112/

I like those, and they're much lighter than the 18" Prets too. They would look good on a mk7 R.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6907 on: 10 July 2017, 14:23 »

Those will look great on  your new R :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6908 on: 10 July 2017, 14:35 »

Those will look great on  your new R :smiley:

That's a few years down the line Watts. I'd need to start saving the pennies  :grin:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6909 on: 10 July 2017, 14:44 »
Spent the weekend in Barcelona and spotted this at the airport on the way home.
Great looking car in the flesh and the wheels on it were very nice indeed :drool:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WxfuFY]

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16