Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785065 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6680 on: 25 May 2017, 20:19 »
Had a phone call from VW to tell me that a new alloy has arrived and is undamaged!!
Booked in to get fitted on Saturday :smiley:

Great news! Now hopefully you can put it all behind you :smiley: (Assuming it's your rear offside  :whistle: :laugh:).

Yippeeeeeeee hope all goes well and they don't fail you at the last hurdle  :whistle:
I've got very little faith in anything these days but lets be honest, a scratched alloy is completely irrelevant after the events in my hometown this week :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6681 on: 25 May 2017, 20:30 »
Had a phone call from VW to tell me that a new alloy has arrived and is undamaged!!
Booked in to get fitted on Saturday :smiley:

Great news! Now hopefully you can put it all behind you :smiley: (Assuming it's your rear offside  :whistle: :laugh:).

Yippeeeeeeee hope all goes well and they don't fail you at the last hurdle  :whistle:
I've got very little faith in anything these days but lets be honest, a scratched alloy is completely irrelevant after the events in my hometown this week :sad:

Totally agree withat you on that one.. very sad
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6682 on: 26 May 2017, 11:39 »
I've been offered a new car because of all the problems with my car, it has to be a GTD so I have told them that I will take the weekend to think about it. Now do I let them try fix it or re order another one :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6683 on: 26 May 2017, 12:26 »
I've been offered a new car because of all the problems with my car, it has to be a GTD so I have told them that I will take the weekend to think about it. Now do I let them try fix it or re order another one :rolleyes:

IMO that's a no brainer, can't you put some cash down and get a GTI?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6684 on: 26 May 2017, 13:16 »

No I can't, they said it has to be a GTD and all I pay for is the options I want to add to the spec.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6685 on: 26 May 2017, 13:21 »

No I can't, they said it has to be a GTD and all I pay for is the options I want to add to the spec.

If its that bad then you should definitely go for the new car

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6686 on: 26 May 2017, 13:35 »

I have until next week to let them know what I want to do. I think if I was ordering a new one I'd go for 3 door, 19's, DSG and traffic assist but I'm not too sure on the colour, possible oryx white or tungsten silver.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6687 on: 26 May 2017, 13:39 »

I have until next week to let them know what I want to do. I think if I was ordering a new one I'd go for 3 door, 19's, DSG and traffic assist but I'm not too sure on the colour, possible oryx white or tungsten silver.

Not a fan of nightblue then?

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6688 on: 26 May 2017, 13:53 »
What do you think of White Silver? I went for Pure White because it was a safe option as there weren't any White Silver cars in the country when I put my order in. I would have gone for Oryx if I could have stretched my budget though so Oryx gets my vote.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6689 on: 26 May 2017, 14:31 »

You can't go wrong with either. Never been a fan of white cars until I saw a Oryx White CS a few weeks back.
Get that and vinyl wrap the roof black and you've got one gorgeous car :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16