Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785049 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6650 on: 21 May 2017, 16:21 »
Welcome to the weeding/de-mossing your driveway club every 6 months, we have a 100square meters of block paving and it's a nightmare..tried all the weed killers and they just keep coming back....

Look fantastic when new/clean but a PITA maintaining - good luck  :wink:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6651 on: 21 May 2017, 17:50 »
Welcome to the weeding/de-mossing your driveway club every 6 months, we have a 100square meters of block paving and it's a nightmare..tried all the weed killers and they just keep coming back....

Look fantastic when new/clean but a PITA maintaining - good luck  :wink:
Thats what pressure washers are for.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #6652 on: 21 May 2017, 17:56 »
I have one and use it, it's a big drive we have and it's still a 5-6hr job with re-sanding - I have much better things to do with my time.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6653 on: 21 May 2017, 17:56 »
Well I will reach the half way point of my lease at the end of the month. And I've taken the big decision to give her back and buy my own car. So today I put down a deposit on a 2nd hand BMW 330d Touring. A slightly sad day, but it's time I knocked the leasing on the head. Looking forward to actually owning my own car. A remap on the Beemer will be next!

So today I had a bit of a change of heart. I've decided that I love the Golf too much to get rid of it just yet. So I've decided to keep her, for now! That does mean I will have to put four new tyres on her, but ho hum.

On a sadder note the lense on one of my headlights has broken off about a 2 inch peice and the daytime running light has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this or know how much it might cost to fix? Cheers
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6654 on: 22 May 2017, 08:06 »
Well not strictly today but the end of last week. The warmer weather coupled with the engine being nicely run in, although the run home from work was pretty congested, (and there is a 50mph speed section for 5 miles), netted this (the best I've ever had in this or the previous white GTD). Not too bad considering mine is a DSG and is running the 19" Santiago alloys. I wonder if it's something to do with me adding a few PSI to the tyres - now running 39psi all round rather than the 35psi I was running before, as I gleaned this new pressure off a few members from another forum who said it had made the car much better.

And this as an average on the current tank a few days before with a trip to the lake district (without really trying).

Also checked by tyre tread depths in preparation for the car going in for it's first service today. I rotated them at 7k miles front to back and the car now has just over 10k on it. Rocking 6mm across the fronts (max 6.1 min 5.7) and 6.3mm across the backs (max 6.54 min 6.1) so wearing pretty evenly so far with just over 25% wear (based on 8mm from new) in 10K miles, so based on that, should easily see 20k out of a set of Pirelli P-Zeros, which I don't think is too bad.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2017, 08:15 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6655 on: 22 May 2017, 09:29 »
Mine said that I was averaging 52mpg since last fill but when I measured it brim to brim it was 40mpg. Before I fitted the dtuk box the car was only out by 1-2mpg
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6656 on: 22 May 2017, 13:12 »
I seem to recall Monkeyhanger saying when he got his DTUK box, that he experienced the same. I've always checked mine long hand (as well as using the on screen computer display),and certainly by CSG GTD is way more accurate than any car I've ever had before and is typically never any more than 1mpg out (and quite often bang on) !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6657 on: 22 May 2017, 13:16 »
I seem to recall Monkeyhanger saying when he got his DTUK box, that he experienced the same. I've always checked mine long hand (as well as using the on screen computer display),and certainly by CSG GTD is way more accurate than any car I've ever had before and is typically never any more than 1mpg out (and quite often bang on) !

MH seems to have disappeared in recent months

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6658 on: 22 May 2017, 16:37 »
I have one and use it, it's a big drive we have and it's still a 5-6hr job with re-sanding - I have much better things to do with my time.
I don't think It will be the end of the world having to clean my drive every year.
Luckily my wife quite enjoys pressure washing so I'll get her to do it.
She says it's better than staring at her computer for hours a day which her job entails.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6659 on: 22 May 2017, 19:39 »
You won't ever get accurate mpgs after fitting a dtuk box as it tricks the on board computer into thinking it's using less fuel.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.