Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785057 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6640 on: 20 May 2017, 17:47 »
Well I will reach the half way point of my lease at the end of the month. And I've taken the big decision to give her back and buy my own car. So today I put down a deposit on a 2nd hand BMW 330d Touring. A slightly sad day, but it's time I knocked the leasing on the head. Looking forward to actually owning my own car. A remap on the Beemer will be next!
Good move, and maybe if everyone followed suit, we won't have another financial crisis on our hands in the not too distant future!!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6641 on: 20 May 2017, 17:49 »
Treated my car to a new driveway, not quite finished but nearly there :smiley:

That looks really well Kalimon.

Did you have a couple of manholes on your old drive that you had to move or work around?
Manholes now look like this.
Just need sanding now :smiley:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6642 on: 20 May 2017, 18:47 »
Well early start this morning 03.30 back to yard car covered in sandstorm rain marks did a quick blast off with works steam cleaner just cold water get the heavy stuff off.
In the car go for eye test then hair cut all well blue sky and sunshine got back home around 11ish cuppa tea in hand cold water bucket filled wash bucket filled pressure washer out set up and in place
Wheels sprayed prior to snow foam walked into garage to get the mits wash stuff etc radio on walked back to drive and hey presto it started to p. .s it down so guess what like a trooper citrus pre wash applied 2 lots of snow foam 2 bucket wash not a prayer to dry as still raining but got through the wash looks shiney and very clean albeit wet lol...
Packed everything away retired to house shower and another cuppa as the previous 2 went cold.
Roll on nxt weekend and some drier weather  :cool:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6643 on: 20 May 2017, 19:06 »

Looks excellent kalimon.  :cool:  Can't be having the car steal all the limelight.  :laugh:

must get mine redone.  Worst decision ever to go with resin bonded gravel. Live and learn.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6644 on: 20 May 2017, 19:09 »
Well early start this morning 03.30 back to yard car covered in sandstorm rain marks did a quick blast off with works steam cleaner just cold water get the heavy stuff off.
In the car go for eye test then hair cut all well blue sky and sunshine got back home around 11ish cuppa tea in hand cold water bucket filled wash bucket filled pressure washer out set up and in place
Wheels sprayed prior to snow foam walked into garage to get the mits wash stuff etc radio on walked back to drive and hey presto it started to p. .s it down so guess what like a trooper citrus pre wash applied 2 lots of snow foam 2 bucket wash not a prayer to dry as still raining but got through the wash looks shiney and very clean albeit wet lol...
Packed everything away retired to house shower and another cuppa as the previous 2 went cold.

Good on you for powering on through the split personality uk weather :smiley: Was same here today, sun, rain, sun.....!!!

I don't think I've ever drunk cup of tea hot whilst detailing. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6645 on: 20 May 2017, 19:10 »

What a trooper in the true British sense! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6646 on: 20 May 2017, 19:16 »
I'm not going to click through the link until "after hours" but I wouldn't mind betting that there was a few more tools involved than a Poundland duster Ms B!  :grin:
Nice to see the piano black looking dust free though. Wonder how long it'll stay like that? Bloomin' stuff.

Maybe a couple extra tools Mr Ex.  :wink:  Still, amounts to just a dust and a hoover though.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6647 on: 20 May 2017, 19:19 »

Good on you for powering on through the split personality uk weather :smiley: Was same here today, sun, rain, sun.....!!!

I don't think I've ever drunk cup of tea hot whilst detailing.

Thanks Rebecca.

What a trooper in the true British sense! :smiley:

Thanks Peter

We all have to do our bit lol
« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 20:02 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #6648 on: 21 May 2017, 11:40 »

Did you have a couple of manholes on your old drive that you had to move or work around?

Well worth the extra expense Kalimon - to keep the drive looking fantastic you may want to consider spraying on some 'Wet&Forget' you can pick it up at Costco or Amazon. It's fab stuff and it'll stop you needing to power wash the drive to keep it pristine

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6649 on: 21 May 2017, 14:15 »

Well worth the extra expense Kalimon - to keep the drive looking fantastic you may want to consider spraying on some 'Wet&Forget' you can pick it up at Costco or Amazon. It's fab stuff and it'll stop you needing to power wash the drive to keep it pristine
Thanks Eccie, I'll definitely look into that :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP