Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785035 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6630 on: 20 May 2017, 09:11 »
Treated my car to a new driveway, not quite finished but nearly there :smiley:

Very smart Kalimon, driveway and car :smiley:
Thanks Watts, it's a shame I've got to park my Transit on it as well but needs must.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #6631 on: 20 May 2017, 10:49 »

That looks really well Kalimon.

Did you have a couple of manholes on your old drive that you had to move or work around?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6632 on: 20 May 2017, 11:45 »

Very smart Kalimon, driveway and car :smiley:
Thanks Watts, it's a shame I've got to park my Transit on it as well but needs must.

Your neighbor looks like they have just the right amount of room for a transit :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6633 on: 20 May 2017, 12:12 »

That looks really well Kalimon.

Did you have a couple of manholes on your old drive that you had to move or work around?
I have 2 large rectangular manhole covers at the front of my drive and 2 smaller round inspection covers nearer the edges.
I am having steel cover installed right now actually, the guys are outside doing a fantastic job.
The are £150 per cover but worth the extra to hide old concrete covers.
I can't recommend the company doing the drive highly enough. They are 'Manchester Driveways' for anyone interested and they lay the blocks on about 6 inces of concrete, no danger of sinking. Not the cheapest by any stretch but you get what you pay for in the end.
The blocks are Marshall Tegula in traditional with a border in Pennant grey.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6634 on: 20 May 2017, 12:13 »
That's a mighty fine driveway.
Did you do it yourself?
Thanks mate. I certainly didn't do it myself as I wanted it be flat and ready to use this decade :grin:
They are finishing it off today and then I have to pay them unfortunately :sad:
That makes me feel a bit better.
My feelings of total inadequacy have now returned to the more usual slightly above moderate inadequacy.
I used to be able to claim "I can at least wire a plug" but even they come welded to the cables nowadays. Probably to protect the world from people like me.  :whistle:

I have acute driveway envy now.
You do realise you'll spend every Sunday now digging out weeds with a butter knife?!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6635 on: 20 May 2017, 12:24 »
Did you do it yourself?
Thanks mate. I certainly didn't do it myself as I wanted it be flat and ready to use this decade :grin:
My feelings of total inadequacy have now returned to the more usual slightly above moderate inadequacy.
I used to be able to claim "I can at least wire a plug" but even they come welded to the cables nowadays. Probably to protect the world from people like me.  :whistle:

You do realise you'll spend every Sunday now digging out weeds with a butter knife?!  :grin:
I used to think I was quite handy at diy until a few of my latest attempts convinced me otherwise :whistle:
Much easier to get a man in for tasks that need doing properly.
Hopefully my wife doesn't ask them to take over other jobs in the house that she claims I perform poorly at  :laugh:
PS
Do yourself a favour and watch 'Curb Your Enthusuasm'.  Awesome show!!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6636 on: 20 May 2017, 14:14 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6637 on: 20 May 2017, 17:11 »
I'm not going to click through the link until "after hours" but I wouldn't mind betting that there was a few more tools involved than a Poundland duster Ms B!  :grin:
Nice to see the piano black looking dust free though. Wonder how long it'll stay like that? Bloomin' stuff.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6638 on: 20 May 2017, 17:17 »
Did you do it yourself?

I used to think I was quite handy at diy until a few of my latest attempts convinced me otherwise :whistle:
Much easier to get a man in for tasks that need doing properly.
Hopefully my wife doesn't ask them to take over other jobs in the house that she claims I perform poorly at  :laugh:
PS
Do yourself a favour and watch 'Curb Your Enthusuasm'.  Awesome show!!

I'm going to look that up over the weekend.
I'll be able to brush up on my technique!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6639 on: 20 May 2017, 17:38 »
Well I will reach the half way point of my lease at the end of the month. And I've taken the big decision to give her back and buy my own car. So today I put down a deposit on a 2nd hand BMW 330d Touring. A slightly sad day, but it's time I knocked the leasing on the head. Looking forward to actually owning my own car. A remap on the Beemer will be next!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's