Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6590 on: 17 May 2017, 22:43 »
Talking of carelessness I witnessed a woman driving an Adam this morning who was either pished or didn't have a clue how wide her car was smash a parked cars wing mirror clean off and then kept on driving. Even when I pulled up alongside her at the roundabout and put my window down to ask her if she'd realised she'd hit something the answer I got was who cares my mirrors ok! Unbelievable Jeff  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6591 on: 18 May 2017, 07:25 »
Talking of carelessness I witnessed a woman driving an Adam this morning who was either pished or didn't have a clue how wide her car was smash a parked cars wing mirror clean off and then kept on driving. Even when I pulled up alongside her at the roundabout and put my window down to ask her if she'd realised she'd hit something the answer I got was who cares my mirrors ok! Unbelievable Jeff  :grin:

Unbelievable, do you have a dash camera?

I think everyone should have to do a driving test every 5 years, and I mean a test and not the joke that is the current test. 3 consecutive fails and you loose the right to drive for ever. I know some will say that harsh but it would free up the roads a fair bit for the ones that can drive.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #6592 on: 18 May 2017, 08:21 »
They should just make the test harder in the 1st place. I know people who have a lisence and i wonder how...

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6593 on: 18 May 2017, 10:10 »
Bodyshop is quoting 593+ Vat for that tiny dent on my wing - that's taking the piss and definitely want Dent Devils to give a 2nd opinion now!!
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6594 on: 18 May 2017, 10:37 »
Bodyshop is quoting 593+ Vat for that tiny dent on my wing - that's taking the piss and definitely want Dent Devils to give a 2nd opinion now!!

Sounds a bit steep really.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6595 on: 18 May 2017, 10:44 »
It was the A10, there was a lorry at the front insisting on no more than 40 (in a 60  :rolleyes:)

You do know that vehicles over 7.5 tonnes, or anything that's towing are limited to 50mph on single carriageway roads don't you? Also some companies have a 40mph max limit on single carriageways to save fuel.

The problem isn't the slow vehicle at the front, it's those that follow too closely behind. They're too close to be able to see to overtake and make the train longer for those further behind that can see when the road is clear.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6596 on: 18 May 2017, 10:46 »
Taken mine to see about having some bits of it wrapped in gloss black.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6597 on: 18 May 2017, 11:14 »
It was the A10, there was a lorry at the front insisting on no more than 40 (in a 60  :rolleyes:)

You do know that vehicles over 7.5 tonnes, or anything that's towing are limited to 50mph on single carriageway roads don't you? Also some companies have a 40mph max limit on single carriageways to save fuel.

The problem isn't the slow vehicle at the front, it's those that follow too closely behind. They're too close to be able to see to overtake and make the train longer for those further behind that can see when the road is clear.

Your quite right regarding 7.5 upwards in England it's 50 on A roads but Scotland is still 40mph 50 on duel carriageways.
Bein a 44t artic driver I know we get some stick regarding A road speeds but when fully loaded we do our best for flow.
But as you stated you do get the ones way too close to even see or be seen which causes a knock on effect  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6598 on: 18 May 2017, 11:41 »
When I was working on the farm at home I used to go from my moms farm to my dads farm with a tractor, bail trailer, bailer and bail sledge. It was in rural Ireland in the 80's but you can imagine the cars behind but I used to pull over to let them by every few miles.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6599 on: 18 May 2017, 11:58 »

I didn't know that, no idea what sort of lorry it was, all I know is it was boring and frustrating for about 30 miles. I mean, don't they know who I am? :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.