Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785037 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6580 on: 16 May 2017, 19:28 »
Unwanted gift from leaving it in Ingliston Park & Ride in Edinburgh: dent on the front wing, with no note left or anything :angry:  :rolleyes:

At least the paint is unbroken and doesn't reach the upper curve of the arch

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6581 on: 16 May 2017, 21:49 »
Bit the bullet and have just ordered a new R, complete poverty spec apart from gloss black mirrors. I am Scottish after all  :grin:

Brilliant Craig you'll love it.
I went the manual to DSG route on the R. Definitely gets the most from the car.

Richard at RGK detailed and protected mine. I'm sure you used him before on the GTI.

Thanks Stevie, can't wait to get my hands on it pal. DSG is going to take some getting used to but totally agree that I'll get the most out the car with the auto box plus the traffic jams on the M74 are doing my head in just now not to mention my left foot  :angry: :grin:

No doubt I'll enlist Richard again to do the new car prep as soon as I collect it. He did a great job on the GTI.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6582 on: 17 May 2017, 16:40 »
Unwanted gift from leaving it in Ingliston Park & Ride in Edinburgh: dent on the front wing, with no note left or anything :angry:  :rolleyes:

That must be very annoying, people can be so careless. Is it repairable without painting?

Taken mine for a trip to Norfolk and back. I remain so impressed at the breadth of abilities of the GTI, comfort, speed and economy. Such a brilliant allrounder apart from it's abilities to conjure up random cabin rattles :angry: They go away but then you get a different one! Helped along by annoyingly slow traffic that was impossible to pass, managed an average of 44mpg which was great :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6583 on: 17 May 2017, 19:19 »

That must be very annoying, people can be so careless. Is it repairable without painting?

Agree, it is really annoying. Phope, it looks like it's the front wing. If so, it should be suitable for repair by Paintless Dent Removal, as gaining access to the rear of the damage to re-shape the wing should be fairly straightforward, once the wheel arch liner is removed. I acquired a parking ding to a rear wheel arch in a public car park last year and a local PDR guy soon sorted it.

Taken mine for a trip to Norfolk and back. I remain so impressed at the breadth of abilities of the GTI, comfort, speed and economy. Such a brilliant allrounder apart from it's abilities to conjure up random cabin rattles :angry: They go away but then you get a different one! Helped along by annoyingly slow traffic that was impossible to pass, managed an average of 44mpg which was great :smiley:

Ha ha. Yes, Norfolk's not renowned for having many roads that are good for overtaking, and the traffic does move at quite a leisurely pace; not helped by the local farmers picking the busiest times to take their tractors out for a spin :grin:. Probably helps explain why my long term mpg is north of 40!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6584 on: 17 May 2017, 19:25 »

Most understated reply this week goes to......

Watts
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6585 on: 17 May 2017, 19:31 »

Watts

I like to keep things calm...... Also couldn't express my real thoughts on here....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6586 on: 17 May 2017, 19:52 »

Watts

I like to keep things calm...... Also couldn't express my real thoughts on here....

I can't understand why people don't just own up to the damage they cause. As for the ones that don't know they have done it, they have no place driving on the roads.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6587 on: 17 May 2017, 19:56 »
Picked it up.  :smiley:

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6588 on: 17 May 2017, 20:18 »

Agree, it is really annoying. Phope, it looks like it's the front wing. If so, it should be suitable for repair by Paintless Dent Removal, as gaining access to the rear of the damage to re-shape the wing should be fairly straightforward, once the wheel arch liner is removed. I acquired a parking ding to a rear wheel arch in a public car park last year and a local PDR guy soon sorted it.

As it is a company car, I logged it today with the fleet company first thing this morning - they were very quick and assigned a local bodyshop to inspect today which I did at lunchtime - surprise, surprise, the assessor thinks it needs paint and filling

I disagree - the paint is unbroken and like you, I think that if the wheel arch liner comes off, then it should be repairable as a PDR

I'm getting a 2nd opinion from a local Dent Devils guy that I have used before and see what he says
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6589 on: 17 May 2017, 20:40 »
Ha ha. Yes, Norfolk's not renowned for having many roads that are good for overtaking, and the traffic does move at quite a leisurely pace; not helped by the local farmers picking the busiest times to take their tractors out for a spin :grin:. Probably helps explain why my long term mpg is north of 40!

It was the A10, there was a lorry at the front insisting on no more than 40 (in a 60  :rolleyes:) then a van and in front of me a large camper. Not much of a gap between each one to risk nipping past one at a time then loads of blind bends and a steady stream of traffic coming the other way. It went on for miles and miles.....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.