Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6350 on: 24 March 2017, 18:10 »
Help Please..
Ok not today but about a week ago I decided I could wait any longer and fitted the DTUK Tuning box and today I've had a orange light come on in the rev counter.

A quick google search told me that it could either be the glow plugs warming up(if the orange light just shows on ignition on) Or if it's a constant flashing light when driving then it's engine management light and it needs to be seen by dealer.

So my question is has anyone had this come up after fitting a DTUK box…?

I've managed to drive home but on my way home the car wasn't behaving well, the throttle was jerky and it felt like I had a non turbo car.

Probably a silly question but do I really need to go to the dealers..? and obviously take the box and pedal box off of course...

Any help would be much appreciated.

oh dear!

The first course of action I'd say would be to disconnect the CRD box and cycle the ignition a good few times then take it for a couple of gentle drives.
If the problem hasn't gone away after a dozen or so ignition cycles or if the car continues to drive badly then remove the CRD, switch the pedalbox off and call VW Assist. They'll run diagnostics and clear any fault codes.
Then take it from there...

How many miles has the car done now?

Ok will do, so I'm not to worry just now and don't call the garage yet then..?

It's on 700miles now... :sad:

I've not seen anyone with engine management lights on a GTD-DTUK? Did you have it cranked all the way up?

Nope I only had it on setting 1 orange + 2 green lights which is what the pedal box is on also...

So I've just been out to the car and started her up and the light has gone....

So is this going to be a intermittent fault...? :undecided:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6351 on: 24 March 2017, 20:22 »
Help Please..
Ok not today but about a week ago I decided I could wait any longer and fitted the DTUK Tuning box and today I've had a orange light come on in the rev counter.

A quick google search told me that it could either be the glow plugs warming up(if the orange light just shows on ignition on) Or if it's a constant flashing light when driving then it's engine management light and it needs to be seen by dealer.

I've managed to drive home but on my way home the car wasn't behaving well, the throttle was jerky and it felt like I had a non turbo car.

Probably a silly question but do I really need to go to the dealers..? and obviously take the box and pedal box off of course...

Sounds like your car has gone into limp mode i have heard that should you be doing something like 3 + 3 it is possible on some cars..
Golf Mk7 R Lapiz Blue Manual

Gone, Golf MK7 2.0TDI GT Tungsten Silver

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6352 on: 24 March 2017, 20:47 »
I had heard about the car going into limp mode with the CRD3+ boxes on various other forums in cars that use our engine and that is why I wouldn't spend the best part of 400 notes on one. I ended up getting one from a guy who is going to change to an R for a couple of hundred notes. I've been running program 3 with no problems, love it. The guy I bought it from said that he had the same problem with limp mode.

As far as I know it is just a matter of stopping the car and starting it again. One guy in a SEAT just dipped the clutch, turned the car off and then started it again, all while still moving. The light went off and the car came out of limp mode.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2017, 22:19 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6353 on: 24 March 2017, 21:36 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!

Need some myself, did you get it from ebay?

Certainly did tictap, mine was actually for Land Rover but the same stuff and a bit cheaper.

Dont suppose you could give me the link? had a look but can only see it mentioned for VW and its mega expensive!!

Hi tictap - I've had a look on ebay and can't see the one I bought but I think I paid about £20 or so. It is very expensive but it really does help! What are you wanting to do, one door or more? I'll have a look at mine to see how much I used and if there is plenty left perhaps we can sort something out between us?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6354 on: 24 March 2017, 22:46 »
Help Please..

Sounds like your car has gone into limp mode i have heard that should you be doing something like 3 + 3 it is possible on some cars..

I've heard about the 3+3 problems too so have never run it in that setting, my CRD3 is in setting 2+1 and my Pedal Box is in the same setting.

I had heard about the car going into limp mode with the CRD3+ boxes on various other forums in cars that use our engine and that is why I wouldn't spend the best part of 400 notes on one. I ended up getting one from a guy who is going to change to an R for a couple of hundred notes. I've been running program 3 with no problems, love it. The guy I bought it from said that he had the same problem with limp mode.

As far as I know it is just a matter of stopping the car and starting it again. One guy in a SEAT just dipped the clutch, turned the car off and then started it again, all while still moving. The light went off and the car came out of limp mode.

When you say program 3 do you mean 3 + 3 as mentioned Sequence above. Or..?

Setting 3 must be immense as I find my setting just with a dab of the loud pedal and I'm gone...

Went out in it this evening and all is well again...and no problems while I was out either.

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6355 on: 25 March 2017, 08:22 »
Help Please..

I've heard about the 3+3 problems too so have never run it in that setting, my CRD3 is in setting 2+1 and my Pedal Box is in the same setting.

When you say program 3 do you mean 3 + 3 as mentioned Sequence above. Or..?

Setting 3 must be immense as I find my setting just with a dab of the loud pedal and I'm gone...

Went out in it this evening and all is well again...and no problems while I was out either.

I've just been running program 3 with no red or green but I'm going to play around a bit more in a week or so. Yes by the way it is immense it transforms the car.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6356 on: 25 March 2017, 10:50 »
^^^

I sort of want to try that setting but am now a bit worried due to my little blip on setting 1+2...

Hmmmmm!!! is it really worth the risk..? probably not.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6357 on: 25 March 2017, 17:34 »
^^^

I sort of want to try that setting but am now a bit worried due to my little blip on setting 1+2...

Hmmmmm!!! is it really worth the risk..? probably not.

I've been doing some research and all the cars that have gone into limp mode have all been white. I guess you just lucked out when picking the the colour :whistle:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6358 on: 25 March 2017, 17:48 »
Seriously though I tried program 1 and +3 and didn't like it nearly as much. Drove the car for less than 2 miles through town in traffic and on my first roundabout leaving the speed limit I floored it in second, then into third and straight away it was like I put the brakes on and......

Pulled over and took the photo and turned the car off and started it again and all was fine but before I moved off I changed the box back to program 3+ and I think that is too much so I'm going to move it back to just program 3 where it was happy for serveral hundred miles.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6359 on: 25 March 2017, 18:52 »
Sounds like over boosting which mine did and i returned the box for not a full refund. I bet if you scan it with vcds you'll have an engine error relating to over boost.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.