Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6340 on: 24 March 2017, 11:41 »
So today was 3rd service, 1st MOT and diagnosis of coolant loss.

New water pump ordered and rebooking for fitting. 3 days warranty left - bonus!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6341 on: 24 March 2017, 12:35 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!

Need some myself, did you get it from ebay?
MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6342 on: 24 March 2017, 12:48 »
Applied some of the special lubricant (can't remember what it's called) to my driver's side door seal and it seems to have almost entirely stopped the noisy annoying creaking that has plagued me since I got the car! Stupidly I bought it months ago but only just got around to applying it. Wish I'd done it earlier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Watts, you mean krytox, if so it's great stuff, with both cars having sunroof's it's become my go to product

That's the stuff, will add some more round the doors but it does seem to have done the job. Thing is though, why do they creak as I've never had this before. Are the doors flexing slightly or if that is normal (and I'd presume so) are modern seals made from a different material? Maybe they're less flexible now and the noise is the result of friction rather than the seal giving with the door? Oh well, so long as it keeps quiet!

Certainly did tictap, mine was actually for Land Rover but the same stuff and a bit cheaper.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6343 on: 24 March 2017, 13:31 »

Certainly did tictap, mine was actually for Land Rover but the same stuff and a bit cheaper.

Dont suppose you could give me the link? had a look but can only see it mentioned for VW and its mega expensive!!
MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6344 on: 24 March 2017, 16:02 »
Help Please..
Ok not today but about a week ago I decided I could wait any longer and fitted the DTUK Tuning box and today I've had a orange light come on in the rev counter.

A quick google search told me that it could either be the glow plugs warming up(if the orange light just shows on ignition on) Or if it's a constant flashing light when driving then it's engine management light and it needs to be seen by dealer.

So my question is has anyone had this come up after fitting a DTUK box…?

I've managed to drive home but on my way home the car wasn't behaving well, the throttle was jerky and it felt like I had a non turbo car.

Probably a silly question but do I really need to go to the dealers..? and obviously take the box and pedal box off of course...

Any help would be much appreciated.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6345 on: 24 March 2017, 16:33 »
Help Please..
Ok not today but about a week ago I decided I could wait any longer and fitted the DTUK Tuning box and today I've had a orange light come on in the rev counter.

A quick google search told me that it could either be the glow plugs warming up(if the orange light just shows on ignition on) Or if it's a constant flashing light when driving then it's engine management light and it needs to be seen by dealer.

I've managed to drive home but on my way home the car wasn't behaving well, the throttle was jerky and it felt like I had a non turbo car.

Probably a silly question but do I really need to go to the dealers..? and obviously take the box and pedal box off of course...

oh dear!

The first course of action I'd say would be to disconnect the CRD box and cycle the ignition a good few times then take it for a couple of gentle drives.
If the problem hasn't gone away after a dozen or so ignition cycles or if the car continues to drive badly then remove the CRD, switch the pedalbox off and call VW Assist. They'll run diagnostics and clear any fault codes.
Then take it from there...

How many miles has the car done now?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6346 on: 24 March 2017, 16:45 »
I've not seen anyone with engine management lights on a GTD-DTUK? Did you have it cranked all the way up?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6347 on: 24 March 2017, 17:35 »
I've not seen anyone with engine management lights on a GTD-DTUK? Did you have it cranked all the way up?

I've spoken to other people who have had similar issues. It has tended to be people running the newer (CRD3) box funnily enough so might be software specific. Two of them were Octavia vRS owners which we can assume will be running exactly the same software.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6348 on: 24 March 2017, 17:36 »
Help Please..

oh dear!

The first course of action I'd say would be to disconnect the CRD box and cycle the ignition a good few times then take it for a couple of gentle drives.
If the problem hasn't gone away after a dozen or so ignition cycles or if the car continues to drive badly then remove the CRD, switch the pedalbox off and call VW Assist. They'll run diagnostics and clear any fault codes.
Then take it from there...

How many miles has the car done now?

Ok will do, so I'm not to worry just now and don't call the garage yet then..?

It's on 700miles now... :sad:

Nope I only had it on setting 1 orange + 2 green lights which is what the pedal box is on also...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6349 on: 24 March 2017, 17:40 »

I've spoken to other people who have had similar issues. It has tended to be people running the newer (CRD3) box funnily enough so might be software specific. Two of them were Octavia vRS owners which we can assume will be running exactly the same software.

Oh no really, I thought going for the newer software CRD3 would have been the best choice.... :sad: