Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785001 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6310 on: 16 March 2017, 16:55 »
Finally given my car the wash it so needed, new paint on the door and front wing seems perfect bar a small chip on the wing already :rolleyes:

So, post accident:

Post repair (and wash):
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6311 on: 16 March 2017, 17:09 »
Finally given my car the wash it so needed, new paint on the door and front wing seems perfect bar a small chip on the wing already :rolleyes:

So, post accident:

Post repair (and wash):

All better.  :smiley: Beautifully glossy!  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6312 on: 16 March 2017, 19:44 »
Got my OBD11 today, I had already bought a Nexus 7 to use it with and changed the rear brake lights to full(inner) the DRLs to 100% with lights on, fan speed to show when set to auto.

One other thing I did was to turn off the soundaktor and boy does it show how loud the Bridgestones are, the drone from the rear of the car especially was very pronounced.

Now for the bad bit, not sure what I did but my active headlights don't work. They don't turn with the steering and they do the little dance thing when the car is started. They still do the dip down and back up bit though. Any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6313 on: 16 March 2017, 21:29 »
Got my OBD11 today, I had already bought a Nexus 7 to use it with and changed the rear brake lights to full(inner) the DRLs to 100% with lights on, fan speed to show when set to auto.

One other thing I did was to turn off the soundaktor and boy does it show how loud the Bridgestones are, the drone from the rear of the car especially was very pronounced.

Now for the bad bit, not sure what I did but my active headlights don't work. They don't turn with the steering and they do the little dance thing when the car is started. They still do the dip down and back up bit though. Any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks

Not sure why your Dynamic Cornering Lights are no longer working, I did same lights mod as you and no issues. Have you checked they are still ticked in the CAR menu:  CAR - Setup - Lights - Dynamic cornering lights.

Bit cheeky to link to another forum, but lots of other coding for various adaptations here.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/84-obdeleven/  Any thread with the word 'Coding' in brackets is tried and tested. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6314 on: 16 March 2017, 22:31 »

Thanks

Not sure why your Dynamic Cornering Lights are no longer working, I did same lights mod as you and no issues. Have you checked they are still ticked in the CAR menu:  CAR - Setup - Lights - Dynamic cornering lights.

Bit cheeky to link to another forum, but lots of other coding for various adaptations here.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/84-obdeleven/  Any thread with the word 'Coding' in brackets is tried and tested.

To be fair I think it may have been something else I did in the headlight part of OBD11

Is there any way of resetting the lights to factory?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6315 on: 16 March 2017, 23:05 »

Thanks

To be fair I think it may have been something else I did in the headlight part of OBD11

Expect you'll need to reverse any coding you've done, should show up in the history log on your OBDeleven app.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6316 on: 17 March 2017, 07:11 »

Thanks

Expect you'll need to reverse any coding you've done, should show up in the history log on your OBDeleven app.

Already done that but still no luck.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6317 on: 17 March 2017, 12:21 »

Thanks

Already done that but still no luck.

You've not inadvertantly switched to 'eco' driving mode have you?

Just a thought - I know it affects some of the cornering light functions (although it might only be the static functions that turn off).
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6318 on: 17 March 2017, 12:25 »
Finally got my BBS SR wheel refurbed - absolutely spot on finish. Can't even tell it was done.

If anyone needs work doing around Lincoln, I can recommend G&W Bodyworks in Skellingthorpe - the local Audi dealer trust them to do all their work and that (and experience with them) is good enough for me to recommend them.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6319 on: 17 March 2017, 12:32 »
Finally got my BBS SR wheel refurbed - absolutely spot on finish. Can't even tell it was done.

If anyone needs work doing around Lincoln, I can recommend G&W Bodyworks in Skellingthorpe - the local Audi dealer trust them to do all their work and that (and experience with them) is good enough for me to recommend them.

Good to hear.

I've just got off the phone about mine and it's just being checked that the match is spot on. They will be phoning me after lunch, so here's hoping all is well.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather