Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785080 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6240 on: 06 March 2017, 20:59 »
I wasn't being critical about your driving but surely when it's wet you know that no tyre will perform like it does in the dry. While the Bridgestones are not the most ideal tyre I still don't see the need to just bin them after such a short time.

I didn't thing you were, even if they griped like Michelin PS4's I wouldn't keep them. The noise of them alone would put me off of them. I probably would have put the noise down to the car itself if it weren't for the fact that I have already done over a thousand miles in a GTD with 19" Pirelli tyres.

I don't think a performance type diesel with only 184bhp and a little over average torque should have a tyre that is not even capable of handling 3/4 of its power.

As for the cost, I have done a deal with a friend's neighbour who has a 1.4TSI Golf for £300 fitted for my tyres. He offered me £350 but I felt that £300 was more than enough for the tyres. In the end the PS4's will cost me at most £150 so a no brainier for me considering how noisy they are at or around 80mph
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6241 on: 06 March 2017, 21:33 »
Today I was rooting around the wheelie bins at the back of a VW dealer looking for some dog ends for my lunch when I found this discarded in a skip

I asked a nearby staff member if I could take it away with me and he agreed readily "nobody buys Diesels anymore and analogue gauges are so last year, so we just binned it, help yourself if you want it"

he then proceeded to violate my debit card whilst having a sneaky cigarette by the bins and then I tucked the Diesel thing under my arm and headed off home.

It's been a funny old day.
And to top it off my washing machine door seal is leaking water everywhere.  :rolleyes:

So, are you now the custodian of a discarded shiny white GTD then Exonian? if so, you've managed to do the mk7 trio; GTI, R and now GTD.

Now where's that tuning box.................

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6242 on: 06 March 2017, 22:05 »
That might well be the case SR!

The box is in my spare bedroom awaiting fitting  :cool:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6243 on: 06 March 2017, 22:08 »
I can't help feeling slightly disappointed that you never bought the Up! you always dreamed of :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6244 on: 06 March 2017, 22:18 »
I can't help feeling slightly disappointed that you never bought the Up! you always dreamed of :smiley:
That would've replaced my other car unless they made a decent up! GTI.
Alas they still don't make one and by the time they do I'll be bored of the tractor!!  :whistle: :grin:

It's a long story but the GTD has been in gestation for a while following the big price cuts on them at Christmas time. I nabbed one of the very last off the line. I've fancied one as a project for a while now and with the price reductions at Xmas, the tax rises in April and incoming Diesel-phobia being whipped up by the governments who have brainwashed the masses into thinking 1.0 petrol turbos only emit fairy dust from their tailpipes I decided at Xmas it was now or never.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6245 on: 06 March 2017, 22:29 »
That would've replaced my other car unless they made a decent up! GTI.
Alas they still don't make one and by the time they do I'll be bored of the tractor!!  :whistle: :grin:

It's a long story but the GTD has been in gestation for a while following the big price cuts on them at Christmas time. I nabbed one of the very last off the line. I've fancied one as a project for a while now and with the price reductions at Xmas, the tax rises in April and incoming Diesel-phobia being whipped up by the governments who have brainwashed the masses into thinking 1.0 petrol turbos only emit fairy dust from their tailpipes I decided at Xmas it was now or never.

Nice choose, obviously it is not as good a a night blue on but you can't have everything right :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6246 on: 06 March 2017, 22:36 »
Very Nice Mr Ex...Congratulations!!

Im sure your be more than happy with it once it's had the Pedal Box & Tuning Box fitted.  :cool:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6247 on: 06 March 2017, 23:06 »
Very smart Exonian! Hope you have some fun with it :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6248 on: 06 March 2017, 23:53 »
Today I was rooting around the wheelie bins at the back of a VW dealer looking for some dog ends for my lunch when I found this discarded in a skip

I asked a nearby staff member if I could take it away with me and he agreed readily "nobody buys Diesels anymore and analogue gauges are so last year, so we just binned it, help yourself if you want it"

he then proceeded to violate my debit card whilst having a sneaky cigarette by the bins and then I tucked the Diesel thing under my arm and headed off home.

It's been a funny old day.
And to top it off my washing machine door seal is leaking water everywhere.  :rolleyes:

I know you wouldn't be able to stay out of a Golf for long.  :tongue:  You had a dalliance with a MINI, but now back in the warm embrace of a Golf, this time in dirty diesel guise.  Welcome back to sanity Mr Ex.  :laugh: :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6249 on: 07 March 2017, 05:25 »

Nice choose, obviously it is not as good a a night blue on but you can't have everything right :whistle:

Thanks  :smiley:
There's a night blue one just down the road from me so I had to have something else.

I'd already had two PW cars so had to have another really as it seemed the White thing to do...  :whistle:

Plus it saved me buying another touch up stick!  :grin:

Very Nice Mr Ex...Congratulations!!

Im sure your be more than happy with it once it's had the Pedal Box & Tuning Box fitted.  :cool:

Thanks! That's the bit I'm really looking forward to.

Very smart Exonian! Hope you have some fun with it :smiley:
Thank you Watts.  :smiley:

I know you wouldn't be able to stay out of a Golf for long.  :tongue:  You had a dalliance with a MINI, but now back in the warm embrace of a Golf, this time in dirty diesel guise.  Welcome back to sanity Mr Ex.  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Ms B
If the thing had been built quicker the dalliance might have been under two weeks!
Pretty bad even by my standards.
Still, it's good to be (officially) back
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner