Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785068 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6160 on: 22 February 2017, 19:54 »
My red LED bulbs turned up today so I finished off my rear footwell lighting mod to match the red ones already in the front.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6161 on: 22 February 2017, 20:01 »
Nice!! :cool:

Looks very  smart that...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6162 on: 22 February 2017, 20:03 »
Cleaned a whole bunch of bird pooh of the car good job the wax works well as it was a breeze and just slid off.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6163 on: 22 February 2017, 20:31 »
My red LED bulbs turned up today so I finished off my rear footwell lighting mod to match the red ones already in the front.

That reminds me of something I was supposed to ask a few weeks back.

In my cc the the foot well lighting is so much brighter. A few weeks ago when I had a GTD I noticed it and going from one to the other I needed to have the cc set at 20-30% to be as low as it was in the golf. I have it set at 75% in my cc. Is there an option for brighter led lights that fit the OEM opening and preferably in white as I don't really like other colours?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6164 on: 22 February 2017, 21:15 »
For what they are, I always thought the Lupo was a great city car. Also recently went in a friends new VW Up! and was amazed how much interior space it had and how well it went. Great little cars.

It is a good city car, it's just slow, noisy, creaky, doesn't stop.... But it's like an old family friend having had it 14 years now and has needed little work over the years. I had an Up! as a loan car and yes, roomy and quite nippy but the auto box was a disgrace.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6165 on: 23 February 2017, 12:04 »
GTD's with the sport and sound pack have the same calipers as the non S&S pack - just painted red. So unlike the GTI PP models, they don't come (or are able to accept) a cover plate for the caliper with a logo on it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.

AFAIK, GTD's have never come with logo'd Calipers.

Damn it.

I thought as much though.

I'm trying to see if someone can make some up for me, I'm just waiting on a couple of responses.

There's is a guy on flee bay Uber9 he does High temp calliper decals iv used him before in the past never had an issue with any of his decals..
Contact as below.

sales@uber9.co.uk

Yeah I've actually been In contacted with Adam about his Decals and he says said he can sort me out so I'm just waiting on a PayPal invoice so I can pay him...

Adam has said if I'm willing to send him good pics of them fitted then he will refund me.  :cool:

Thanks

All ordered now.

They were £6.50 if anyone else is interested. I hope to get this refunded myself as I will be providing pics to Adam.

I will post up pics of them once fitted to the car.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6166 on: 23 February 2017, 14:48 »
Mr GTD, out of interest, where are you going to put the caliper stickers ?

I ask as the standard Calipers don't have the smooth cover plate that the PP GTI has, and instead has a big scallop cut out of the units right back to the brake pad ? Can't see where they would fit ?

[/url
« Last Edit: 23 February 2017, 14:50 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6167 on: 23 February 2017, 14:54 »
Well spotted Sootchucker.
I wonder if that cover thing is available to buy ?
PS
Actually I've just looked at an old picture of my front brake caliper and it appears to be a different part altogether.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2017, 14:56 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6168 on: 23 February 2017, 15:02 »
Well spotted Sootchucker.
I wonder if that cover thing is available to buy ?
PS
Actually I've just looked at an old picture of my front brake caliper and it appears to be a different part altogether.

The cover things won't fit as the brakes are 340mm on the PP/R plus the calliper is drilled on them to accept the covers.
I must admit I was wondering where people were going to attach the stickers to the standard GTI/D brakes.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6169 on: 23 February 2017, 15:04 »
I'd checked this a while ago when I had my White GTD. The GTI PP calipers are very different and have two holes drilled in them that the 2 posts with their locking clips on the back side of the "GTI" logo plate slide into. We don't have that design on standard GTD/GTi models. Also PP models are (IIRC) 345mm discs and GTD and standard GTI's are only 312mm, so they might be different from that standpoint as well ?

**edit== oops just seen Exonian beat me to it  :grin:**