Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785014 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6150 on: 22 February 2017, 09:20 »
GTD's with the sport and sound pack have the same calipers as the non S&S pack - just painted red. So unlike the GTI PP models, they don't come (or are able to accept) a cover plate for the caliper with a logo on it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.

AFAIK, GTD's have never come with logo'd Calipers.

Damn it.

I thought as much though.

I'm trying to see if someone can make some up for me, I'm just waiting on a couple of responses.

Just make sure that they use high temperature transfer stickers.

Will do mate.

Only 7 sleeps now :grin:

Going to be a slow week, hopefully the weather will be good next week. Going to really miss my car but it is going to a family member so I will still be able to drive it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6151 on: 22 February 2017, 12:57 »
Dropped mine off at the bodyshop for a door respray and replacement door mirror. OH has lent me her Ferrari.... (1.0 Lupo  :grin:)
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6152 on: 22 February 2017, 13:00 »
For what they are, I always thought the Lupo was a great city car. Also recently went in a friends new VW Up! and was amazed how much interior space it had and how well it went. Great little cars.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6153 on: 22 February 2017, 13:21 »
GTD's with the sport and sound pack have the same calipers as the non S&S pack - just painted red. So unlike the GTI PP models, they don't come (or are able to accept) a cover plate for the caliper with a logo on it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.

Damn it.

I'm trying to see if someone can make some up for me, I'm just waiting on a couple of responses.

There's is a guy on flee bay Uber9 he does High temp calliper decals iv used him before in the past never had an issue with any of his decals..
Contact as below.

sales@uber9.co.uk

2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6154 on: 22 February 2017, 13:26 »

Damn it.

There's is a guy on flee bay Uber9 he does High temp calliper decals iv used him before in the past never had an issue with any of his decals..
Contact as below.

sales@uber9.co.uk

Yeah I've actually been In contacted with Adam about his Decals and he says said he can sort me out so I'm just waiting on a PayPal invoice so I can pay him...

Adam has said if I'm willing to send him good pics of them fitted then he will refund me.  :cool:

Thanks
« Last Edit: 22 February 2017, 13:32 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6155 on: 22 February 2017, 13:34 »

Damn it.

Contact as below.

sales@uber9.co.uk

Yeah I've actually been In contacted with Adam about his Decals and he says said he can sort me out so I'm just waiting on a PayPal invoice so I can pay him...

Adam has said if I'm willing to send him good pics of them fitted then he will refund me.  :cool:

Thanks

Lol even better iv used Adam many times over the years..
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6156 on: 22 February 2017, 13:47 »
it. It's a mistake in the description by VW.
Not to mention the claim in the same description that the pack provides 'no additional noise externally' - the whole point of it is that it does provide external noise - the internal noise comes as standard anyway.

VWUK really are muppets!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6157 on: 22 February 2017, 15:24 »
Picked the registration number. Had a choice of 16 to pick from so I put them all in an online numberplate thing to see what they looked like to help me choose. 
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6158 on: 22 February 2017, 15:38 »
Picked the registration number. Had a choice of 16 to pick from so I put them all in an online numberplate thing to see what they looked like to help me choose.

:cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline MikeP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6159 on: 22 February 2017, 19:01 »
Just ordered the Revo carbon fibre full induction kit to go with the latest version of the Stage 1 remap. It should be fun.