Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6061 on: 07 February 2017, 13:03 »
Thanks for the replies :smiley:

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6062 on: 07 February 2017, 16:52 »
Not so much me but somebody else  :embarrassed:

Heard a loud bang. Somebody ran into my car whilst it was parked in its space. :sick:  Or more specifically pushed against it.  Weather is Cr@p so didn't get a real opportunity to check it out properly.  Not to mention I feel rough as well.  Got the wee old lady's details, she lives next door.  *apparently* according to a witness, she had a tyre blow out which caused her to hit my car.  Reasonably low speed and not much paint lifted but I need to see it in better light. 

Irony - that's the second person to have run into me in the past six months whilst I wasn't even in the car.  I had a perverse thought that it was the same woman as last time (it wasn't) The first timer it happened, I was due to hand my Astra back so was allowed to leave it be.  This one I shall have to get fixed - I'm not leaving it for 3+ years.

Wonder if it did enough to trigger my dashcam.... probably not.

To say I am "a bit miffed" is an understatement.   :cry:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6063 on: 07 February 2017, 18:15 »
Yes will post up coding no problem.  I'm still sourcing those bits you mention but once sure of it, will post up.

Cheers, I assumed you already had the coding in advance. I have found some assistance on the OBDeleven forum in the past.

I had some of it already but have found conflicting info on some of the other coding so wanted to delve into it a bit more to be sure.  I'm also looking on the obdeleven forum but that's where some of the contradiction is, lol.

The coding for the Full Brake Lights (inner brake lights active and increased brightness) is:

Module 09 (Central Electrics)
Security Access 16
Code = 31347
Adaptation 10
Channel (8)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Lichtfunktion C27
Set to brake light = Bremslicht (default is not active)

Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6
Dimming CD27
Set to 100 (default is 0)

I haven't done it yet, but will give it a go tomorrow evening.  More to follow hopefully.

Just to confirm, the above is the correct coding for OBDeleven for full brake lights (inner leds).  Did it tonight and worked fine.

Thank's for the confirmation Booth, I have amended that this morning. I think I need to see it at night to get the full effect!
Cheers!

Hmm... I may well be reversing this adaptation in the morning.

This is the first time I have used the car in the dark since coding the full brake lights.

When I lock the car, the inner parts of the red light, as in the part of the lamp on the actual hatchback door stay illuminated for 5 minutes after the door mirror puddle lamps go out. So you walk away with part of the rear lights on!

Has anyone else noticed this?
Cheers.

I've checked this out on mine now, a few times, and it doesn't happen.  Lights on auto, so on in dark - engine off, all rear lights go out instantaneously and before the puddle lights.   Also tried unlocking (not getting in car), lights come on (on auto setting)  then relocking and lights go off straightaway.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2017, 23:27 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6064 on: 07 February 2017, 18:26 »

Heard a loud bang. Somebody ran into my car whilst it was parked in its space. :sick:  Or more specifically pushed against it.  Weather is Cr@p so didn't get a real opportunity to check it out properly.  Not to mention I feel rough as well.  Got the wee old lady's details, she lives next door.  *apparently* according to a witness, she had a tyre blow out which caused her to hit my car.  Reasonably low speed and not much paint lifted but I need to see it in better light. 

Irony - that's the second person to have run into me in the past six months whilst I wasn't even in the car.  I had a perverse thought that it was the same woman as last time (it wasn't) The first timer it happened, I was due to hand my Astra back so was allowed to leave it be.  This one I shall have to get fixed - I'm not leaving it for 3+ years.

Really sorry to hear. :sad:  It's horrible when this sort of thing happens - feel your pain.  But at least you got her details so hopefully you can get it repaired and put it behind you. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6065 on: 07 February 2017, 20:59 »

Really sorry to hear. :sad:  It's horrible when this sort of thing happens - feel your pain.  But at least you got her details so hopefully you can get it repaired and put it behind you. 

Oh it will get repaired ok, its just the hassle of it all  :sick:  Plus I'll end up losing the car for longer than I really want to if it goes through the insurers.  THEN there's the fact that it will probably "never be the same" because the last two times I had to put a car in, I got it back and it wasn't right (bits of trim loose/falling off).... they took it off me again and yeah....

Irony of it all is that nearly exactly the same happened to me in September, but was able to leave it because I was trading in. :angry:

Anyway we shall see what happens.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6066 on: 07 February 2017, 21:09 »
I nearly had a crunch myself today - shot out onto a busy roundabout when there was a gap and the car in front of me (who had just done what I did) jumped on the brakes to make way for an Ambulance looking to get onto the roundabout from our left that didn't even have its blues and twos on.

I jumped on the brakes too and steered around it a bit - probably missed the car in front by 2 inches and the ABS had worked hard. The Ambulance saw what it had almost caused and then put the blue lights on when exiting the roundabout as if to justify entering the roundabout in an unsafe way.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6067 on: 07 February 2017, 21:24 »

Oh it will get repaired ok, its just the hassle of it all  :sick:  Plus I'll end up losing the car for longer than I really want to if it goes through the insurers.  THEN there's the fact that it will probably "never be the same" because the last two times I had to put a car in, I got it back and it wasn't right (bits of trim loose/falling off).... they took it off me again and yeah....

Irony of it all is that nearly exactly the same happened to me in September, but was able to leave it because I was trading in. :angry:

Such a pain, do you not have a garage you can trust? Mine was hit last week and I've got it going to a trustworthy place. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6068 on: 07 February 2017, 22:07 »

As said, if there not another trustworthy bodyshop you can go to?  They are worth their weight in gold.  Mine's had 3 lots of damage (separate incidents) but left the bodyshop each time looking as good as new.  It is all the hassle though and sometimes it can feel like your car is in the bodyshop more than out if it!  Hope it works out ok for you.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6069 on: 07 February 2017, 22:12 »
Sorry to hear of your near miss MH and the hit on your car Watts.  There are some woeful (polite name) drivers out on the roads.  I nearly got sideswiped by a flatbed truck this morning travelling stupidly fast on a rural road and over the centre line, only evasive action on my part saved the car from damage.  Tw*t.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual