Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785057 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6030 on: 04 February 2017, 10:20 »
I love the black roof look on white and red GTI's.

It brings back memories of my dads silver Cortina with black vinyl roof :smiley:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6031 on: 04 February 2017, 10:56 »
Seriously, the glass or the tint on the glass?

The tint is in the glass. It can't get scratched. Although the glass can get scratched and it can show up more in tinted windows.

But this happened to me on the Mk6 where you couldn't turn the feature off.

The tint is on the outside of the window, my rear window was replaced after it was scratched by the dealers. Not sure how they done it but they were replacing boot opening mechanism. When I was collecting the car I noticed the tint was scratched off the bottom right corner of the screen.

I know that sand and grit are really hard but I didn't think that the rear wiper would have enough downward pressure to make it scratch it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #6032 on: 04 February 2017, 12:43 »
Mine passed it's MOT today with flying colours.....as it should. I chickened out though and took off the Pulsing front DRL's and the Kencha indicators before the MOT :embarrassed:. Putting them back on in a min.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6033 on: 04 February 2017, 12:55 »
Pulsing DRLs?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6034 on: 04 February 2017, 14:55 »
Ok so I'm now thinking about what else I could possible to do "cosmeticly" speaking.

19 SR's - Check
Gloss Black Mirrors - Check

But now my thoughts have turned towards the Panroof and whether to get the rest of the roof wrapped in gloss black..?

What people's thought on it..? Ya or Na

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

Here's a pic of what it might look like. Apologise If this is someone's pride and joy on here, it's the only one I could find that will look remotely similar bar the diff wheels heavier tints ect. I've optioned the 90%.

That's a bit too much imo. I'd keep as is. Having said that, for £140 it might be worth a punt for you, seeing it in the flesh maybe the only way to decide.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #6035 on: 04 February 2017, 16:55 »

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6036 on: 04 February 2017, 16:58 »
Whats the point of them? :huh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6037 on: 04 February 2017, 18:52 »
Ok so I'm now thinking about what else I could possible to do "cosmeticly" speaking.

19 SR's - Check

But now my thoughts have turned towards the Panroof and whether to get the rest of the roof wrapped in gloss black..?

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

Here's a pic of what it might look like. Apologise If this is someone's pride and joy on here, it's the only one I could find that will look remotely similar bar the diff wheels heavier tints ect. I've optioned the 90%.

You can't do it because I want to do it to mine lol - although I don't have a pano roof, I'd just do all the roof.

I personally think the part black/part body colour roof looks a bit 'not finished' but life would be dull if we all liked the same thing.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #6038 on: 04 February 2017, 20:22 »
Whats the point of them? :huh:

The same as black badges, tinted windows, stickers, different wheels.....absolutely no point apart from aesthetics.  :wink:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6039 on: 04 February 2017, 20:50 »

19 SR's - Check

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

Mines a TR GTD with pan roof and gloss black mirrors, I thought about getting the rest of the roof black tbh just left it I think it looks more OEM with the part red roof and pan roof stands out more. And the gloss black aerial is a nice little touch against the red.

I love the black roof look on white and red GTI's.

It brings back memories of my dads silver Cortina with black vinyl roof :smiley:

19 SR's - Check

Is it to much..?

The price - £140.

That's a bit too much imo. I'd keep as is. Having said that, for £140 it might be worth a punt for you, seeing it in the flesh maybe the only way to decide.

Thanks for all the comments and views.

I think I'm going to play it safe (for now) and stick with just the gloss back mirrors ect.

If I feel down the line I fancy doing something else then at least I know roughly how much it's going to cost.

I went to see the mirrors today and in the flesh they look awesome.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather