Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5970 on: 31 January 2017, 15:30 »
I thought that was a pack of R branded bottle openers at first look and without the context of the earlier post.

Look a bit tacky IMO, less is sometimes more.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
Each to their own but can't see the point of them.

Absolutely ETTO, but they just add a bit of 'finishing off' which I find is a bit lacking in some areas of the golf. When I first became aware of them I dismissed them but actually they do tidy up the catches a but, very subtle and only visible when doors open so not exactly an in-yer-face bling-fest, lol.  They'll do for me. 👍
You just can't resist a bit of bling can you Rebecca :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5971 on: 31 January 2017, 15:47 »
I thought that was a pack of R branded bottle openers at first look and without the context of the earlier post.

Absolutely ETTO, but they just add a bit of 'finishing off' which I find is a bit lacking in some areas of the golf. When I first became aware of them I dismissed them but actually they do tidy up the catches a but, very subtle and only visible when doors open so not exactly an in-yer-face bling-fest, lol.  They'll do for me. 👍

Haha, if you knew me, you'd know I'm a very un-blingy person. I'm allergic to various metals so not a wearer of jewellery, so maybe compensating on my car, lol.  R-wise, the only added bling has been the Lockwood sill protectors, which again, only visible when doors open and these buckle caps.  I don't think that's going too far with a bit of bling.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5972 on: 31 January 2017, 15:59 »

Haha, if you knew me, you'd know I'm a very un-blingy person. I'm allergic to various metals so not a wearer of jewellery, so maybe compensating on my car, lol.  R-wise, the only added bling has been the Lockwood sill protectors, which again, only visible when doors open and these buckle caps.  I don't think that's going too far with a bit of bling.  :smiley:
Don't forget your 12v socket cover :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5973 on: 31 January 2017, 16:07 »

And the vibrant blue edged floor mats  :whistle: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5974 on: 31 January 2017, 16:15 »

And the vibrant blue edged floor mats  :whistle: :whistle:
Haha. I forgot about them!
Watts, you and me are in for a bollocking from Booth11.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5975 on: 31 January 2017, 17:33 »
Mock away people, lol.  In the flesh all these things are nicely subtle, more so than comes across in photos, and the R itself is a pretty understated car so can take a bit of tarting up without tipping it over the edge.  I'm very happy with the way it looks.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5976 on: 31 January 2017, 18:12 »
No mocking, I too have the mats, 12v socket upgrade :rolleyes: and certainly wouldn't mind a set of GTI logo'd covers for my door catches. And as for bling (I'm normally definitely not into bling) - red with Santiagos could hardly be described as retiring....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5977 on: 31 January 2017, 18:22 »
And as for bling (I'm normally definitely not into bling) - red with Santiagos could hardly be described as retiring....

Well I was too polite to say anything, but....... :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5978 on: 31 January 2017, 20:46 »
Did my first OBDeleven Pro tweak tonight just to try it.  Used the long coding method to enable the chirp on lock and unlock, and to add the option to the CAR setup menu (now ticked). Success!  Is nice and subtle.  Will have another play tomorrow evening.  Top of the list is deactivate headlight washers and disable Stop/Start, plus a few other bits I fancy.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5979 on: 31 January 2017, 23:10 »

There is but my wife's car is due an MOT next week and it needs new tyres so that's £850 gone.

I have bought some parts already and I'll be getting a DTUK tuning box and peddle box fitted before I collect the car. I was going to get an exhaust but I'm not sure about the twin exhaust on a GTD, it might look like I'm trying to make it look like a GTi but I might change my mind later. I want to get wheels too but still trying to decide which.

Jeez, what does the wife drive, a Hummer? That's some pricey tyres.

Are you getting the pedalbox and DTUK CRD fitted by the VW dealer? Are they ok with that? I'd want to run it a few miles first personally to bed everything in as standard.

Hmmm, great, LHD lorry decided he needed to swing out to perform a tight left when entering a roundabout, didn't check to see if anyone was next to him...

Could have been worse. Apparently it was my fault even though I was clearly in my own lane and being on his right should have somehow known he wanted to turn left. Followed him back to his depot to discuss it in safety but didn't realise the mirror glass was loose so it has inflicted dozens of chips and scratches to the door. Buggerations.  :cry: :angry:

Buggerations indeed Watts, you can see all the chips in that photo. Hopefully the worst of them will machine polish out if you don't want the door and wings painted (a pain on a 3 door due to the window seal needing to be removed to prevent overspray) if they want to blend the wings into the door paint.
"Thankfully" could've been much worse but it's still gutting and majorly frustrating. He did even more damage getting the mirror caps off than you did when you attempted the carbon covers!!  :lipsrsealed:
So, begs the question, what colour mirror caps next time?

Forgot to answer about the DTUK tuning box and pedal box, yes and the dealer is fine about it as long as it is either not engine related or has not fault codes in the system so if there is a problem engine related then I just need to clear them first.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17