Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5830 on: 31 December 2016, 00:10 »
Yeah I like that and was all set to pull the plug on them, then I stumbled across someone moaning in the forums about the missing light.
Its a shame because its a decent mod.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5831 on: 31 December 2016, 08:29 »
Yeah I like that and was all set to pull the plug on them, then I stumbled across someone moaning in the forums about the missing light.

Apologies if my first post is a dumb one but what part of the light doesn't light with the Audi style indicator adapters fitted?

I have a GTD coming in March(it's actually in Grimsby at the minute) and this was one of the things I was looking to get.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5832 on: 31 December 2016, 10:14 »

Apologies if my first post is a dumb one but what part of the light doesn't light with the Audi style indicator adapters fitted?

I have a GTD coming in March(it's actually in Grimsby at the minute) and this was one of the things I was looking to get.

You can see it here. On the outside cluster, one of the LEDs that's shared with the indicator strip doesn't light up red. The loom works by restricting power to the outer LED's and this is one of the side effects I guess.

If it doesn't bother you, I'll sell you mine at a good discount!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5833 on: 31 December 2016, 11:11 »

You can see it here. On the outside cluster, one of the LEDs that's shared with the indicator strip doesn't light up red. The loom works by restricting power to the outer LED's and this is one of the side effects I guess.

Right I see now, yes that would really bother me especially as I tend to run with my lights on all the time.

Thanks for the offer though.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #5834 on: 31 December 2016, 11:49 »

Are these the ones that Car Systems sell?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5836 on: 31 December 2016, 12:22 »
^^^ to be honest, after 3 and a bit years (time flies) of owning two mk7's (not simultaneously!) I'd never noticed that odd red LED and it actually looks less right to my eyes than the modified loom lights that extinguish that LED.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sandtrap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5837 on: 31 December 2016, 12:33 »
Added more albums & songs to my sd card, with artwork; also logo'd up the radio stations - looks the nuts, well worth investing the time.
How do you logo the stations ?
2014 GTI Performance
2012 Golf R DSG
2010 GTD
2008 GTD
2007 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5838 on: 31 December 2016, 13:01 »
Added more albums & songs to my sd card, with artwork; also logo'd up the radio stations - looks the nuts, well worth investing the time.
How do you logo the stations ?

If you have a mid-2016 onwards MIB2 unit it downloads them from the station over the air.

Otherwise you have to copy some station logos onto a memory card and then manually assign them to your presets.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sandtrap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5839 on: 31 December 2016, 16:09 »
Got it done !  Thanks
2014 GTI Performance
2012 Golf R DSG
2010 GTD
2008 GTD
2007 GTI