Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785069 times)

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5600 on: 05 November 2016, 15:56 »
Badgeskins arrived this week so fitted them today

MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5601 on: 05 November 2016, 21:03 »
Just trying to get up the motivation between heavy rain showers to give the R a quick wash - the front wheels are truly filthy.

Get out there and do it.  :laugh:

Got the buckets out of the shed and it started pissing it down. Fate has intervened to stop me washing my car today - watched Star Wars Force Awakens on 3D Bluray instead as the postie brought a new twin pack of active 3D glasses for the telly.

You get those days, when you know you should really clean it, but are secretly glad when it's starts p!ssing down, lol.

Hope you enjoyed your date on the couch with Star Wars.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5602 on: 05 November 2016, 21:04 »
Badgeskins arrived this week so fitted them today

They look great on Carbon Grey.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5603 on: 05 November 2016, 21:13 »
Gave mine what started out as a quick clean but quickly turned into a full scale detail today.
It was feckin freezing but it was dry, which was the main thing.
Shouldn't have bothered in hindsight as it will be full of sh!t from bonfire's etc after tonight.
Back to Walking Dead marathon :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #5604 on: 05 November 2016, 22:35 »
Just trying to get up the motivation between heavy rain showers to give the R a quick wash - the front wheels are truly filthy.

Get out there and do it.  :laugh:

Got the buckets out of the shed and it started pissing it down. Fate has intervened to stop me washing my car today - watched Star Wars Force Awakens on 3D Bluray instead as the postie brought a new twin pack of active 3D glasses for the telly.

Excuses excuses!. :grin:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5605 on: 07 November 2016, 19:32 »
Some fatherless son/daughter has keyed my car over the weekend, when the car was stuck round the back, parked across our driveway as I left it there hoping to clean it between long rain showers.

I suspect my neighbour - the one who makes a habit of parking across my drive and wasn't able to this weekend because I was there, I do think that a proper fatherless son with real malicious intent would've done far more damage by carrying it over the length of the car. If it is him then he's stooped to a new low, but i'll never prove it.

It's not that deep - probably towards the bottom of the lacquer (it feels as deep as the thickness of 2 pieces of standard A4 paper, and about 10 inches long on the rear quarter panel on the passenger side (the side that was towards the kerb) about the height of the clear indicator part of the rear cluster - it just looks very white right now.

Anyone hazard a guess as to how much a smart repair will cost? Might get my stone chips done at the same time.
« Last Edit: 07 November 2016, 19:37 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5606 on: 07 November 2016, 20:02 »
Some fatherless son/daughter has keyed my car over the weekend, when the car was stuck round the back, parked across our driveway as I left it there hoping to clean it between long rain showers.

I suspect my neighbour - the one who makes a habit of parking across my drive and wasn't able to this weekend because I was there, I do think that a proper fatherless son with real malicious intent would've done far more damage by carrying it over the length of the car. If it is him then he's stooped to a new low, but i'll never prove it.

It's not that deep - probably towards the bottom of the lacquer (it feels as deep as the thickness of 2 pieces of standard A4 paper, and about 10 inches long on the rear quarter panel on the passenger side (the side that was towards the kerb) about the height of the clear indicator part of the rear cluster - it just looks very white right now.

Anyone hazard a guess as to how much a smart repair will cost? Might get my stone chips done at the same time.

That's terrible, what a low and pathetic thing to do. Must be pretty hard having a neighbour like that. Hope you get it sorted at a reasonable price.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5607 on: 07 November 2016, 20:04 »

What a cowards trick that is. I'd be tempted to chin him just for the hell of it :angry:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5608 on: 07 November 2016, 20:58 »
Matt, you need a CCTV camera up, that will put a stop to any clown hat neighbours damaging the car. Or you could call his bluff and tell him you've got him on camera keying your car and see what his reaction is.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5609 on: 07 November 2016, 21:08 »

Gutting, feel for you. :sad:

Have you no longer got dashcam?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual