Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5590 on: 01 November 2016, 05:03 »
Yes, plus the relentless hills you've had to drive over once you're past the Somerset flats; Exmoor, Dartmoor and then Bodmin moor don't help with economy (assuming you went M5 and A30 not that it makes that much difference).
Where else are you visiting on your trip?

Actually, economy has been reasonable, 38+mpg, pretty good in the circumstances. Been to Lands End today, now in Newlyn. Great time had by all in the Red Lion with the pool table and juke box. Breeders Cannonball, hadn't heard that for a while :smiley:
I'd call 38mpg pretty darned good

My dad lives in Newlyn funnily enough.
Pop over to Mousehole if you get time, it's beautiful, with a lovely flat walk in if you park on the road on the way in (free parking) allowing you to stroll along with lovely views of Mounts Bay.
Marazion a must do too, park in Long Rock and walk in ideally but there's a big car park with views of the Mount just on the way in. Pick up a Philps pasty if you do go there, or if not pick up a Philps from Hayle on the way back out of the area.

There's just so many great places to visit in West Cornwall.

Oh, if you're going to St Ives I'd suggest jumping on the train at St Erth rather than driving in. It's very cheap and if you sit on the right hand side of the train on a nice day you get spectacular views of the Hayle Towans and St Ives across the water as you head in.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2016, 05:08 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5591 on: 01 November 2016, 11:11 »
Cheers Exonian, going to St Michael's Mount today, been here a couple of times before but showing our friends around who are over from Australia. Minack Theatre and Porthcurno tomorrow. Will see how much the seagulls like red cars shortly :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5592 on: 01 November 2016, 12:24 »
Cheers Exonian, going to St Michael's Mount today, been here a couple of times before but showing our friends around who are over from Australia. Minack Theatre and Porthcurno tomorrow. Will see how much the seagulls like red cars shortly :rolleyes:
Don't forget your Philps pasty just up the hill from the Giant's Causeway in Marazion, five minute walk from where you start the trek to the mount! The pub overlooking the causeway is quite nice too.
My youngest son took his first steps in Porthcurno! (Random uninteresting fact!!)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5593 on: 01 November 2016, 21:37 »
Yes, plus the relentless hills you've had to drive over once you're past the Somerset flats; Exmoor, Dartmoor and then Bodmin moor don't help with economy (assuming you went M5 and A30 not that it makes that much difference).
Where else are you visiting on your trip?

Actually, economy has been reasonable, 38+mpg, pretty good in the circumstances. Been to Lands End today, now in Newlyn. Great time had by all in the Red Lion with the pool table and juke box. Breeders Cannonball, hadn't heard that for a while :smiley:
I'd call 38mpg pretty darned good

My dad lives in Newlyn funnily enough.
Pop over to Mousehole if you get time, it's beautiful, with a lovely flat walk in if you park on the road on the way in (free parking) allowing you to stroll along with lovely views of Mounts Bay.
Marazion a must do too, park in Long Rock and walk in ideally but there's a big car park with views of the Mount just on the way in. Pick up a Philps pasty if you do go there, or if not pick up a Philps from Hayle on the way back out of the area.

There's just so many great places to visit in West Cornwall.

Oh, if you're going to St Ives I'd suggest jumping on the train at St Erth rather than driving in. It's very cheap and if you sit on the right hand side of the train on a nice day you get spectacular views of the Hayle Towans and St Ives across the water as you head in.
Yes don't drive in otherwise you won't be able to get hammered in the Sloop or the Lifeboat.  Just watch the train times back to Penzance as I remember the last one being fairly early (9ish?).
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5594 on: 02 November 2016, 17:54 »

So today, apart from enjoying driving my GTI around the small windy lanes of west Cornwall, I had to undertake emergency bird poo removal having discovered that the seagulls really liked it :rolleyes: They had managed two direct hits on the gap between the roof and spoiler plus a big really thick pile on the roof which thanks to the camber had run along the rain gutter  :sick: Dirty feathered feckers....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #5595 on: 05 November 2016, 08:08 »
Got driven in the back of whilst stationary in traffic on Thursday nr Guildford. Low speed so just a cracked rear bumper and he's accepted full liability. Not a great start to my birthday w/e. Body shop collects car Monday. Lucky I didn't get it resprayed when that other pillock drove in to me in a car park!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5596 on: 05 November 2016, 12:35 »
Not yet on but Mr Postie delivered my car a pressie this morning....

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5597 on: 05 November 2016, 12:50 »
Just trying to get up the motivation between heavy rain showers to give the R a quick wash - the front wheels are truly filthy.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5598 on: 05 November 2016, 12:54 »
Just trying to get up the motivation between heavy rain showers to give the R a quick wash - the front wheels are truly filthy.

Get out there and do it.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5599 on: 05 November 2016, 15:03 »

Get out there and do it.  :laugh:

Got the buckets out of the shed and it started pissing it down. Fate has intervened to stop me washing my car today - watched Star Wars Force Awakens on 3D Bluray instead as the postie brought a new twin pack of active 3D glasses for the telly.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.