Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784998 times)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5560 on: 26 October 2016, 19:31 »
Chopped it in. M140i. Bought. Oh dear.

Enjoy...think there's life after golf...eh no! you and me i'll be back! :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5561 on: 27 October 2016, 15:26 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5562 on: 27 October 2016, 18:55 »

Enjoy...think there's life after golf...eh no! you and me i'll be back! :smiley:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the M140i when it arrives, I had a GTI for two years, traded it in for a M135i and just can't settle with it, decided to change after a year and now waiting for my R to arrive.

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5563 on: 27 October 2016, 21:03 »

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the M140i when it arrives, I had a GTI for two years, traded it in for a M135i and just can't settle with it, decided to change after a year and now waiting for my R to arrive.
I wanted an R. Test drove 2 and went via carwow etc and dealers. Sadly they just wanted too much for the R and offered too little for my gti.

The deals on the M140i are very good at the moment. Only reason I have decided to move. I drove one and loved it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off following some scary miles. In the future I'm sure I'll be back with vw in an R but it just wasn't happening at this time.
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #5564 on: 27 October 2016, 21:33 »
I drove an M135i that a mate had and coming from a Mk5 GTi I can honestly say it felt scarily fast.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline ghost_rider

• Not said much yet
  • MK7 GTI Performance Pack :)
« Reply #5565 on: 28 October 2016, 14:03 »
Not today but recently.
Finally replaced my headunit with Discover Pro satnav.
CODINGS * ADAPTATIONS *CLOCKS SWAPS up to 2014 * CRUISE CONTROL SUPPLY AND FIT

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5566 on: 28 October 2016, 18:09 »

I wanted an R. Test drove 2 and went via carwow etc and dealers. Sadly they just wanted too much for the R and offered too little for my gti.

The deals on the M140i are very good at the moment. Only reason I have decided to move. I drove one and loved it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off following some scary miles. In the future I'm sure I'll be back with vw in an R but it just wasn't happening at this time.

BMW have some very good deals and it doesn't take too much extra to spec the car up to have everything you realistically need. If I were to order mine again, the only other thing I'd add would be the upgraded stereo, the standard one is pretty poor in comparison to the Golf.

Overall, its a great car, the engine is fantastic and it sounds epic.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5567 on: 28 October 2016, 19:44 »
@jdm owner and Sootchucker..

Great work on your cars. Both look fantastic. :cool:

Jdm - looks pristine, love that micro beading.

Sootchucker - amazing shine on your Carbon Grey.

Thanks for your comments Booth11
You have a nice R well looked after..

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5568 on: 29 October 2016, 14:39 »
If BMW make a nicer looking 1 series i'd be all over it. I like the 3 series but don't have need for a car that big (and the missus wouldn't dare drive it). Following my experiences with dealerships over the last few years, i feel BMW would be most deserving of my money, my local BMW dealerships in the Newcastle area are always very friendly, no nonsense places that seem to know what they're selling and fixing. The local BMW bodyshop are by far the best VW approved bodyshop in the area and every one of their staff were great in budging the insurance company along following a bump from an awkward bugger who didn't report the incident.

My local Audi garage has been less than useless with a minor warranty job on the A1, and they have that slimy estate agent vibe about them. VW dealerships locally have been a mixed bag with warranty work - I make a point of sending the car to Pulman Sunderland, even though it is a bit inconvenient compared to the Lookers (formerly Benfield) dealership, but they do a far better job of it.

Come on BMW, make me a nice looking Golf-sized car!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5569 on: 29 October 2016, 16:52 »
After a 2 week holiday in Mexico with no interaction beyond being in a Taxi, I finally got back behind the wheel of my R again and had the missus rolling her eyes at me every time I put my foot down.  :evil:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.