Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785065 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5520 on: 16 October 2016, 20:59 »

The DI filter I use is a Raceglaze 7L but if I was buying again I'd probably get a larger one.  Raceglaze ones are quite pricy but very sturdy.  You can get less expensive ones on ebay and other places.  Usually they come with resin but you will need to replace the resin. How often will depend on what exactly you use the DI filter for.  I use it for everything - filling buckets, snow foaming, all jet washing and rinsing, and I refill my resin twice a year on average.  I buy mixed bed resin in large quantities from a window cleaning website as it is cheaper from these places.  I would also recommend getting a funnel as this makes refilling much easier.  Also worth buying a cheap water hardness meter for checking the hardness of the water coming out so you have an idea of when the resin needs replacing although you will be able to tell as you will see water spots on your car.

Do you still have to dry the car Bec or can you leave it to dry without the worry of water spots?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline flashp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5521 on: 16 October 2016, 21:01 »
Apologies to all for the above - I know it should be in the detailing section, but easier to answer the post in here.  :smiley:

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, very much appreciated!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 16 October 2016, 21:02 by flashp »

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #5522 on: 16 October 2016, 21:27 »
Booth11 for one I think mine may give you a run for its money on the cleanliness :)

Currently up for sale and swamped with the response

Glad to hear that people are queuing up for your R wigit, and that's it looking in great condition after a detail.  Space now for the newcomer.  :cool:

It looks great and for some reason just not a keeper, I still love the wagon more as the noise is just ridiculous

It going before helps given only space in garage for one and means i have the working capital

Mrs W found out what the M2 was costing this week, I told her four months a go but had not factored on the carbon bits

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5523 on: 16 October 2016, 21:47 »

The DI filter I use is a Raceglaze 7L but if I was buying again I'd probably get a larger one.  Raceglaze ones are quite pricy but very sturdy.  You can get less expensive ones on ebay and other places.  Usually they come with resin but you will need to replace the resin. How often will depend on what exactly you use the DI filter for.  I use it for everything - filling buckets, snow foaming, all jet washing and rinsing, and I refill my resin twice a year on average.  I buy mixed bed resin in large quantities from a window cleaning website as it is cheaper from these places.  I would also recommend getting a funnel as this makes refilling much easier.  Also worth buying a cheap water hardness meter for checking the hardness of the water coming out so you have an idea of when the resin needs replacing although you will be able to tell as you will see water spots on your car.

Do you still have to dry the car Bec or can you leave it to dry without the worry of water spots?

You can if you want to, but I simply cannot leave a car wet, lol.  Also as the resin starts to diminish you may start to get water spots if you do.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5524 on: 16 October 2016, 21:47 »
Apologies to all for the above - I know it should be in the detailing section, but easier to answer the post in here.  :smiley:

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, very much appreciated!  :smiley:

No probs.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5525 on: 16 October 2016, 21:49 »
Booth11 for one I think mine may give you a run for its money on the cleanliness :)

Currently up for sale and swamped with the response

Glad to hear that people are queuing up for your R wigit, and that's it looking in great condition after a detail.  Space now for the newcomer.  :cool:

It looks great and for some reason just not a keeper, I still love the wagon more as the noise is just ridiculous

It going before helps given only space in garage for one and means i have the working capital

Mrs W found out what the M2 was costing this week, I told her four months a go but had not factored on the carbon bits

The R is a strange car.  I do not feel the same emotional attachment to it as I did with my mk5 and to an extent, the mk6.  But then I get in and drive it and then I remember why I have it.

The wagon must sound great, but I still cannot love its looks, and fortunately don't need an estate.

Is Mrs W still talking to you.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 16 October 2016, 21:52 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #5526 on: 16 October 2016, 22:11 »
The R is a strange car.  I do not feel the same emotional attachment to it as I did with my mk5 and to an extent, the mk6.  But then I get in and drive it and then I remember why I have it.

The wagon must sound great, but I still cannot love its looks, and fortunately don't need an estate.

Is Mrs W still talking to you.  :whistle:

On a very wet morning today I had the same thoughts on the wagon as was testing the traction and just ridiculous how copes, i think the Bridgestones are so much better in the wet rather than the dry

I'll be honest it is a bit more than I wanted it to be lol, she is fine now.... i think

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5527 on: 17 October 2016, 12:09 »
Finally got round to fitting my cornering bulbs.  Massive improvement on the oem ones, horrible yellow light replaced by nice bright white – a great match for the xenons.   Really easy to fit, 2 minute job.

Philips Diamond Vision H7 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0088ORMHE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few daytime pics, will take some nighttime one tonight.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5528 on: 17 October 2016, 13:51 »
They look great Rebecca!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5529 on: 17 October 2016, 15:24 »
They look great Rebecca!

Ta, they are vastly better than the oem ones, I'm really pleased with them.

Reverse lights next.   It never ends.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual