Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785074 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5430 on: 26 September 2016, 20:14 »

Lovely car, but for the love of god lose that wing. It looks like it crashed in to a branch of Halfords!

It's part of the amg aero package I believe. IMO the car looks much better and more aggressive with it.

It is indeed and its staying. Without it, she looks too ordinary, especially on the rear imo

Ignore the haters Graham. Just jealousy. The car looks awesome

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #5431 on: 26 September 2016, 20:34 »
Any manufacturer that fits canards from the factory is a win in my book, love it all, and agree on the badges in black.  :wink:

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #5432 on: 26 September 2016, 20:48 »
Looks awesome, is that Matt silver??

I would debadge the rear, not rebadge.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #5433 on: 26 September 2016, 21:29 »
designo Magno Mountain Grey I'm told.

And I may end up doing that if I feck up putting the new ones on lol
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5434 on: 26 September 2016, 21:32 »

Lovely car, but for the love of god lose that wing. It looks like it crashed in to a branch of Halfords!

It's part of the amg aero package I believe. IMO the car looks much better and more aggressive with it.

It is indeed and its staying. Without it, she looks too ordinary, especially on the rear imo

I certainly don't hate the car, just the wing   :rolleyes:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5435 on: 27 September 2016, 08:37 »
I think that Merc looks awesome. Some of the other colours suit it rather less, but that colour is perfect.

I'd love to see a writeup when you've got her.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 08:38 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #5436 on: 27 September 2016, 09:33 »
Well I should be getting it later today but I did take it for a test drive on Sunday. Few things I notice on the negative side were, sat nav isn't touch screen (not bothered but feels backwards) and the cruise control is a stalk that is a bit sticky out a bit (I'll take a photo eventually) but apart from that the inside is gorgeous.

It is faster no denying it, but lacking the punch due not being mapped. The dct or whatever it's called is nigh on instant, but as this is my first lazy car I don't have a dsg experience to compare it to.

Paddles are a bit small so extenders are next on my list. And also it seems the tuning options are much smaller than the vag world, only one or two decent hits on Google and it may be that a box is the way to go.

I'll write up more after some time with her tomorrow or Thursday :)

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5437 on: 27 September 2016, 12:28 »

It's hardly jealousy if someone doesn't like something!  :grin:

Personally, I think it looks superb! Post up some more pics once you get it mate. Love the colour  :cool:

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #5438 on: 27 September 2016, 14:47 »
Well I should be getting it later today but I did take it for a test drive on Sunday. Few things I notice on the negative side were, sat nav isn't touch screen (not bothered but feels backwards) and the cruise control is a stalk that is a bit sticky out a bit (I'll take a photo eventually) but apart from that the inside is gorgeous.

It is faster no denying it, but lacking the punch due not being mapped. The dct or whatever it's called is nigh on instant, but as this is my first lazy car I don't have a dsg experience to compare it to.

Paddles are a bit small so extenders are next on my list. And also it seems the tuning options are much smaller than the vag world, only one or two decent hits on Google and it may be that a box is the way to go.

I'll write up more after some time with her tomorrow or Thursday :)

Pretty sure DTUK do one mate!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here