Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5380 on: 21 September 2016, 13:55 »
Found a nice big parking space  :cool:

« Last Edit: 19 October 2016, 13:41 by GTD1414 »

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #5381 on: 21 September 2016, 14:25 »
Truck threw up a stone cracked windscreen, getting it fixed on Friday. See what the repairs like...as long as it keeps out the rain and the flies that's the main thing  :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5382 on: 21 September 2016, 14:52 »
Just had a crack fixed on my wife's Polo. If it's more than 1cm long, and/or in the driver's eyeline, it's a new screen, which we needed. Good job, on our drive, by Autowindscreens, (AA), with a £50 excess. Worth £50 to have a nice new screen, rather than the 7 year old scratched and chipped item! 😀
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5383 on: 21 September 2016, 14:57 »
Just had a crack fixed on my wife's Polo. If it's more than 1cm long, and/or in the driver's eyeline, it's a new screen, which we needed. Good job, on our drive, by Autowindscreens, (AA), with a £50 excess. Worth £50 to have a nice new screen, rather than the 7 year old scratched and chipped item! 😀

Agree - worth a new screen. Had mine done a few months back (no choice as in drivers eye line) and excess was a whopping £140 for replacement windscreen. However much better now. Mine was replaced by autoglass and they did a top job. New screen identical except for where the VW logo was there's a Pilkington one.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5384 on: 21 September 2016, 16:08 »
The car had the last service on the 3 year plan, and an MOT...which it failed!

There is a fuel leak from one the injectors. Fortunately it is a warranty item they won't give me the car back as they think it is dangerous. A driveshaft boot needs replacing too - not an MOT fail at this stage, but the garage wanted to do it as it is also a warranty item. For information, the car has covered just over 12k miles.

I think I am glad I optioned the 5 year warranty now, as I plan keeping this car for at least another year.
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5385 on: 21 September 2016, 16:20 »
Good that you have warranty cover in place, did the VW garage perform the Mot or do they farm those out to other garages?

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5386 on: 21 September 2016, 18:03 »

Thats my kind of parking space, good choice!
BTW were the cones already in place? Reason I ask is I've been known to relocate them from time to time to the embarrassment of my good lady!
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5387 on: 21 September 2016, 18:12 »

Mmmm...... luxury parking :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5388 on: 21 September 2016, 18:27 »
The cones were already there along all the larger spaces.

Disabled spaces further along and no mother/child signs anywhere, looks as if they were getting ready to paint these on...

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5389 on: 21 September 2016, 19:51 »
Good that you have warranty cover in place, did the VW garage perform the Mot or do they farm those out to other garages?
Supplying dealers. I have quite a lot of respect for them. The last VW I bought was from them in 1993 (VR6) and the hugely troublesome car I owned then was dealt with very sympathetically...
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera