Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5140 on: 17 August 2016, 22:23 »
Mrs suggested going to a safari park when we go on holiday in September... not a chance I'm taking the golf around one of those!

It was bad enough when we went to the highland wildlife park last year in the fiesta and got chased by a byson!  :shocked: ... that's put me off for life I think, plus the golf is more than twice as expensive as the fiesta!  :laugh:

Was hoping I could say it's not covered on insurance, but from a quick look I can't see any mention of it not being covered.

She's not going to be happy with me!

Under no circumstances take your Golf.

I used to live near Longleat, and every car I've ever gone through the monkey enclosure in has been damaged.  My mk5 GTI had its rear wiper snapped off by a monkey.  One time the car in front of us stopped and about 8 monkeys descended on it and stripped it of virtually every window seal and then pulled out the windscreen washer tubes.  Idiot driver was too panicked to drive on.   If you value your car, leave it at home.

Exactly. Stick to zoos where the cars stay away from the animals! :laugh:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5141 on: 17 August 2016, 23:09 »
It's a great spectater sport, though, Monkey vs Car. We went round on the safari bus and had a very amusing time watching the distruction. Don't these people know?  :laugh:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5142 on: 18 August 2016, 10:47 »
I've seen a few strange Golfs over the last few week on my travels.

16 plate mk6 cab - how are they still making these?? Just looked and you can still configure one!  :grin:

GTD estate with the red GTI striped front grille.

Golf S (16" wheels very basic model) with the GTD front grille (silver strip) but GTI badge!  :shocked:

GTD with halogen front lights/halogen DRL.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5143 on: 18 August 2016, 11:11 »
I've seen a few strange Golfs over the last few week on my travels.

16 plate mk6 cab - how are they still making these?? Just looked and you can still configure one!  :grin:

GTD estate with the red GTI striped front grille.

Golf S (16" wheels very basic model) with the GTD front grille (silver strip) but GTI badge!  :shocked:

GTD with halogen front lights/halogen DRL.

Yes, the current Golf cabriolet is a mk6. I'd be surprised if VW sell many new ones, unless they are massively discounted. Even then, numbers will be small.

The GTI / GTD grilles fitted to non-GTI / GTD models; these will have been bought aftermarket and fitted by the owners, unless VW mistakenly fitted the wrong grille when the car was built!

The GTD with halogens will be a non-UK spec model; one of the car supermarkets were selling these a while back. I believe that the earlier mk7 GTI came with halogens in Ireland too.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5144 on: 18 August 2016, 11:51 »
Mrs suggested going to a safari park when we go on holiday in September... not a chance I'm taking the golf around one of those!

It was bad enough when we went to the highland wildlife park last year in the fiesta and got chased by a byson!  :shocked: ... that's put me off for life I think, plus the golf is more than twice as expensive as the fiesta!  :laugh:

Was hoping I could say it's not covered on insurance, but from a quick look I can't see any mention of it not being covered.

I used to live near Longleat, and every car I've ever gone through the monkey enclosure in has been damaged.  My mk5 GTI had its rear wiper snapped off by a monkey.  One time the car in front of us stopped and about 8 monkeys descended on it and stripped it of virtually every window seal and then pulled out the windscreen washer tubes.  Idiot driver was too panicked to drive on.   If you value your car, leave it at home.

You can still go through the Safari at Longleat and bypass the monkey enclosure

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5145 on: 18 August 2016, 12:07 »

You can still go through the Safari at Longleat and bypass the monkey enclosure

Too late!   Plus facing the wrath of small child missing out on seeing the monkeys close up is worse than losing a rear wiper. Anything for a quiet life.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #5146 on: 19 August 2016, 08:26 »
Anyone's wiper blade snapped off. Rains for the first time in weeks today and it just snapped need to replace it. Are Bosch still the go to brand?
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5147 on: 19 August 2016, 08:55 »
Anyone's wiper blade snapped off. Rains for the first time in weeks today and it just snapped need to replace it. Are Bosch still the go to brand?

Definitely

Rear one you need is Bosch Aerotwin A282H.  Fronts are A864S (26"/18").  Good price on anazon atm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-A282H-Wiper-Blade/dp/B0042ETBEQ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00W1KKYUI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471595363&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=a864s+bosch&dpPl=1&dpID=41wkaKMd-%2BL&ref=plSrch
« Last Edit: 19 August 2016, 09:13 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5148 on: 19 August 2016, 09:05 »

Monkeys involved?  :shocked:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #5149 on: 19 August 2016, 09:25 »

Monkeys involved?  :shocked:

That would make it easier. Just snapped right off. Need to buy a set for a car that is going back end of next month. O well.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.