Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5070 on: 01 August 2016, 01:06 »
Traded the GTI for a Tiguan SEL, this is not a good day.... :'(

A very good day I'd say. I was really impressed with the Tig. Surely you wouldn't have done the deal if it wasn't the right thing to do?

It was the right thing to do tbh, it's a decent car but as is to be expected it's a completely different experience to drive, we didn't bother with DCC on this car as it didn't seem worth having a sport setting on a 150hp family wagon! However i do wish the suspension was a tiny bit firmer as it's a bit of a puddin!! :D  It's got more pull than the hp figure suggests and is well specced as standard plus it's got plenty of space.

« Last Edit: 01 August 2016, 01:16 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5071 on: 01 August 2016, 03:08 »
Traded the GTI for a Tiguan SEL, this is not a good day.... :'(

A very good day I'd say. I was really impressed with the Tig. Surely you wouldn't have done the deal if it wasn't the right thing to do?

It was the right thing to do tbh, it's a decent car but as is to be expected it's a completely different experience to drive, we didn't bother with DCC on this car as it didn't seem worth having a sport setting on a 150hp family wagon! However i do wish the suspension was a tiny bit firmer as it's a bit of a puddin!! :D  It's got more pull than the hp figure suggests and is well specced as standard plus it's got plenty of space.

Looks classy.  Good colour :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #5072 on: 04 August 2016, 19:45 »
Come home from work today to find my golf's bonnet badly scratched.checked the security camera only to find it was Amazon delivery driver sliding a heavy box of (Believe it or not) detailing stuff,not happy.

https://youtu.be/u0PhDd50PYY

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5073 on: 04 August 2016, 22:13 »
Wow. What have Amazon said? They can't deny that!
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #5074 on: 04 August 2016, 22:43 »
Wow. What have Amazon said? They can't deny that!

Amazon are basically washing their hands with it & have passed my complaint to the delivery firm,it will be  interesting to see how they deal with it.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5075 on: 04 August 2016, 22:55 »
Your contract is with Amazon. Who they get to deliver the goods is immaterial, Amazon are responsible until the goods are in your hands.

At least that is the way I have always seen it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5076 on: 05 August 2016, 07:32 »
The courier company were working on Amazon's behalf - as a subcontractor, it is Amazon's issue, they need to do the legwork to get their money back after funding remedial works. You paid Amazon, your contract is with them.

If you got your bathroom done out by a building firm and their contracted tiler made a sh!tty job of the tiling, you would be chasing the building firm, not the tiler.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #5077 on: 05 August 2016, 08:47 »
Appalling but at least you've got clear evidence so hopefully you'll get it all sorted.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5078 on: 05 August 2016, 23:25 »
Drove it into Glasgow to go to the ignition motoring festival :grin:....

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=277728.msg2545331#msg2545331
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5079 on: 06 August 2016, 01:52 »
Come home from work today to find my golf's bonnet badly scratched.checked the security camera only to find it was Amazon delivery driver sliding a heavy box of (Believe it or not) detailing stuff,not happy.

Gutting.  :cry:

Agree it's Amazon's responsibility to deal with the issue. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11