Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785008 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4970 on: 21 July 2016, 21:18 »

Simply gorgeous  :cool: What colour is that?

That's Limestone Grey.  One of the very best colours for the R.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #4971 on: 21 July 2016, 21:33 »
This pic shows the colour a bit better maybe, it's weird as in them pics it looks gold, but at night there's a greeny tinge, very strange colour

Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4972 on: 21 July 2016, 21:57 »
Looks mega Cossieian!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4973 on: 21 July 2016, 22:17 »
This pic shows the colour a bit better maybe, it's weird as in them pics it looks gold, but at night there's a greeny tinge, very strange colour

Are you liking the colour Ian?  I remember you were a bit unsure at first?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ? -
« Reply #4974 on: 21 July 2016, 22:59 »
The limestone grey colour does look very nice indeed.  Is it a metallic or pearlescent colour - only asking because my MK4 was anthracite which was described as pearlescent and it really did take on different hues in differing light conditions.

Today I messed around with the drive mode settings again.  I am always experimenting with different settings.  Bad experience with Eco mode yesterday. I don't like the soundaktor at all so have been using Eco mode a lot but do appreciate the fast response with engine in sport mode.  In sport mode again today after yesterday having problems with an aggressive (i.e. normal - yawn) M3 undertaking me whilst in Eco mode - he was behind me in heavy traffic on a dual carriageway, outside lane, doing the speed limit. I had adaptive cruise on which leaves a sensible gap in front which he didn't like so in classic BMW style without indication he chucked his car into the inside lane and had managed to pull back in front of me whilst my car was waking up.  I don't think this would have happened in sport mode as the motor does react much more quickly.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4975 on: 22 July 2016, 04:39 »
Love the LSG Ian, great shots

when's the first wheel change going to happen?  :laugh:

I won't ask when the next car is due...  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4976 on: 22 July 2016, 11:01 »
I don't think this would have happened in sport mode as the motor does react much more quickly.

If you put your foot right down to the floor you will go through a switch and it will give you full power regardless of what mode you are in.
It will do the same when using the speed limiter.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Greerso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4977 on: 22 July 2016, 13:43 »

WTF Ian - what happened to the red?  I've clearly missed a few posts along the way  :huh:

Anyway I think the LSG is an amazing colour and in my experience it looks even better in the flesh - so I'd love to see it in real life  :whistle:

Health to enjoy Ian

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4978 on: 22 July 2016, 17:27 »
I don't think this would have happened in sport mode as the motor does react much more quickly.

The difference is only throttle mapping, not engine mapping. (If you had DSG it would make another difference, but not with manual.)

A stomp to the buffers gives you the same power in any mode - ok, for the duration of pushing the pedal it doesn't but once you are at the end of the travel, its exactly the same.

I don't think on a motorway drag race its going to amount to a whole load of difference. Its more about a more gradual throttle curve for fuel economy.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4979 on: 23 July 2016, 15:46 »
Finally booked my car into the bodyshop to repair rear quarter panel. Just short of £300 😢
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's