Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785059 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4770 on: 11 June 2016, 17:00 »
Thanks.  It's a relief to have it back and a great job having been done.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4771 on: 11 June 2016, 22:12 »
Thanks.  It's a relief to have it back and a great job having been done.  :smiley:

And.........Relax  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4772 on: 11 June 2016, 22:55 »

And.........Relax  :smiley:

I do. :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #4773 on: 12 June 2016, 09:03 »
Now you just have to worry about parking it up again!

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4774 on: 12 June 2016, 13:04 »

I would Imagine Madam Booth's car will look something like this when she parks it up in future.....

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4775 on: 12 June 2016, 13:09 »

I would Imagine Madam Booth's car will look something like this when she parks it up in future.....

Imagine the fun popping those!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4776 on: 12 June 2016, 13:24 »
Lol, I'll have to get me some of that giant bubble wrap. :laugh:  Although you'd probably have to drive over it to pop it.  :grin:

Seriously though, I don't spend much time worrying about parking out in public, even after something like this, it has to be done. If I was that concerned I'd buy an old banger for shopping duty or food shop online and never leave the house.:laugh: Damage happens, and as annoying as it is, and costly, you just have to deal with it and move on.  That said, I will always exercise great caution when choosing parking places but even the most carefully chosen spots are not risk free, you cannot predict what others will do sadly.  And I will always fix damage, I do not like a car with dents so they will always get fixed up.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4777 on: 12 June 2016, 14:24 »
Spot on, Mrs B. No point having a nice car, if you aint going to use it. It's a shame people are so careless, but, also, a fact of life that they are.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4778 on: 13 June 2016, 09:53 »
Today I have another mk7.

It's silver and is a Diesel.

I don't know much else about it and I'm not in love with it.
It has alloy wheels and nav so I'm guessing it's not the bottom of the range and I quite like the part alcantara seats.
The engine has a horrible drone on the overrun and it takes a welly full to get it to move briskly.
I'm finally getting to grips with modern VW's and their throttle modulation. The dead initial take up in my GTI and R now make a bit of sense having driven this car. It must be an emissions thing as the car is very happy crawling along in stop start traffic and using the actual stop start it was recording 35mpg in near stationery rush hour traffic. Pottering around town with minimal effort with the throttle it's easily doing 45mpg using barely any revs yet when you need it to move quickly, to pull out of a junction into a flowing 40mph limit for example, it really needs a heavy right foot.
This car is designed for pottering about at zero revs or cruising and nothing in between.
Those two things it does quite well (diesel clatter and drone aside) but it's not a great car for give and take driving. Mind you I wouldn't mind betting the 1.4 TSI petrol is set up the same way.

So, driving dynamics aside, what do I think of it?
Well, it feels like a Golf.
VW harp on about heritage and yes, in a model like this it does indeed feel like any other Golf from any other generation just with a slightly different radio.
The cabin just feels like a Golf cabin, the exterior just looks Golf like, it drives like any other VW and with its balloon tyres is much more comfy than an R on 19's.

I'm guessing the thing must cost way over £20k to buy and so therefore the crunch question is "would I buy one of these with my own money?"

No. Sorry, this car has a lot of attributes and I'm sure it would make a very unassuming and reliable companion but it has zero charisma and zero charm.

If you read almost any road test of any generation of Golf ever over the last 30 odd years I'm sure the old cliche will come up "worthy but dull"
Nail on head.
Yawn.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4779 on: 13 June 2016, 10:07 »
I think the vanilla MK7 Golfs (the non GTI/D/R versions) are starting to look very humdrum and tired now tbh...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.