Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785055 times)

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4750 on: 06 June 2016, 18:50 »
Half hour speed wash today - snow foam, 2BW and dry only.  Ready for body shop tomorrow.  Looking forward to next couple of days in the Skoda Fabia 1.0  :wink: :laugh:

Seriously, you got on the roof to photograph your car after a wash! That is just showing off that is  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4751 on: 06 June 2016, 19:12 »
Seriously, you got on the roof to photograph your car after a wash! That is just showing off that is  :whistle:

Yes I'll do anything for a photo opportunity. :tongue:  That's the verandah roof, which is below the upstairs windows, which is where I was. :smiley: 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4752 on: 06 June 2016, 23:34 »
Its just your luck for insurance companies.
I swear by DirectLine.
Having my 24yr old daughter on my wife's GTI policy is only £230.

In fact all 3 of my kids started with DL at aged 17 with policies around £650. Which is fanatstic for 17yr olds.
What I did find strange was, it was cheaper for them to be the only driver on their policies. As as I was added or their mum it shot up by a couple of hundred whereas with other companies it would bring the price down!!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4753 on: 07 June 2016, 07:02 »
Different companies target different geographic locations and also different vehicles. I've never had a competitive quote from DL or any other other big name with the exception of More Than. They do have a call centre near where I live, they've always been a lot cheaper than anyone else.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4754 on: 07 June 2016, 14:28 »
Got told off by my wife for hooning along in hers (with her sat next to me) reminding me it wasn't my car.

I told her it deserved a work out for once.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4755 on: 09 June 2016, 19:24 »
Different companies target different geographic locations and also different vehicles. I've never had a competitive quote from DL or any other other big name with the exception of More Than. They do have a call centre near where I live, they've always been a lot cheaper than anyone else.

DL are cheap down south, always twice as much as the cheapest up in the North East for me. My Dad pays pennies to insure his GTD in Southampton - i've quoted on his address and seen a £270 quote for my R, back up in North Shields and it's almost £700, and my postcode has a lower crime rating than my dad's.

Esure seem to be consistently the cheapest big player around the North East for me, followed by the Churchill group of companies.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4756 on: 10 June 2016, 11:05 »

DL are cheap down south, always twice as much as the cheapest up in the North East for me. My Dad pays pennies to insure his GTD in Southampton - i've quoted on his address and seen a £270 quote for my R, back up in North Shields and it's almost £700, and my postcode has a lower crime rating than my dad's.

Esure seem to be consistently the cheapest big player around the North East for me, followed by the Churchill group of companies.
£198 all in this year for the R with DL. The price comparison sites couldn't get anywhere near that.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4757 on: 10 June 2016, 19:29 »
Got my R back from Lookers Newcastle after a few days of warranty work. The boot pocket is fixed, not that it really bothered me enough to fix it early days. My wastegate rattle is (almost) gone now too - it has been clipped and there's just the vague hint between 1800-2000rpm under light load that I can only hear with the windows down and no radio on - maybe part of the noise is a bit of a whistle and that's all that's left? The service tech did claim that it isn't a warranty job and they've done with a modified clip as a gesture of goodwill. They didn't seem to be able to trace the 3 instances of stop-start error that have happened in the last week - surely they'd have been logged somewhere?

Lookers seem to be really pushing the boat out on keeping the customer happy, they cleaned my car (forgot to tell them not to) and it was immaculate, the tyres have been blacked up and my car was cleaned inside to a high standard - I haven't once hoovered it out myself in a year of ownership and now it is spotless. I was about to step out of the dealership and into the car when a seagull spattered it with sh!te - they whizzed a hose straight around and gave it a quick rinse again.

Saw the new Tiguan in the flesh too - very nice as SUVs go (don't think i'd want one myself), i'd rather have the sporty steering wheel that the performance Golfs have, but other than that it looked great inside and out.

Lots of tyre variety in the performance Golfs and Sciroccos - P-Zeros on a 19" shod R, Bridgestones on the GTI and Conti 5s on the 19" shod Scirocco R. Hankooks creeping in on the standard models (including my courtesy R-line).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #4758 on: 10 June 2016, 19:38 »
Got mine back from VW with a new suspension. Feels good, no squeaks (yet) and best of all they didn't wash it after I asked them not to. Simple things haha.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4759 on: 10 June 2016, 20:29 »
Got mine back from VW with a new suspension. Feels good, no squeaks (yet) and best of all they didn't wash it after I asked them not to. Simple things haha.

Hopefully it will remain squeak free.

The simple things are important. I collect mine from the bodyshop in the morning, hopefully with a decent paint job done on the door and bumper.  When they called to tell me it would be ready I took yet another opportunity to remind them of the no washing instructions.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11