Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4740 on: 05 June 2016, 21:36 »
Today I spent nearly an hour trying to clean the soot off the tailpipes with some Mother's and some cloths.
I gave up at 90% better with a numb finger.

It's still light, go back out and do the other 10%.  :tongue:

My finger is still numb.  :lipsrsealed:

When fishing the chrome bits from the oven sides and shelves out of the dishwasher I did consider giving them the Mother's treatment mind you...

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4741 on: 05 June 2016, 23:38 »
Today I spent nearly an hour trying to clean the soot off the tailpipes with some Mother's and some cloths.

It's still light, go back out and do the other 10%.  :tongue:

My finger is still numb.  :lipsrsealed:

When fishing the chrome bits from the oven sides and shelves out of the dishwasher I did consider giving them the Mother's treatment mind you...

See this is how it goes.  I flayed and polished the glass shower enclosure the other day.

EDIT:  Clayed NOT flayed, lol.  That would be worth watching.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 06 June 2016, 10:42 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4742 on: 06 June 2016, 10:41 »
Added a Skoda Fabia 1.0L courtesy car to it's policy.  :cry:

Whilst I was on the phone to Direct Line and asked the question about factory fitted specced extras and whether these needs declaring as with previous policies they always said if it was fitted at the factory then not considered an extra. But recently a couple of people have said DL now want any specced extra t be declared.  Anyway, contrary to what I have been told on previous DL policies they now consider anything above standard spec to be an extra or modification even if it is fitted at the factory.  So I went through the list and everything was added on except a couple of things that didn't come up in their list like DCC and Keyless?  I also added on my DTUK Pedalbox which obviously I haven't fitted yet.  :wink:   Result - I got a refund of £1.80 on my current policy.  :grin:

I had to explain to the lovely guy dealing with me what a Pedalbox was as he'd not heard of them.  He said "everyday's a school day" lol, and admitted he knew nothing about cars but was into motorbikes and said a few he'd ridden could've done with one of these pedal box thingys! Said in his lunch hour he was going to google whether there was a similar thing for motorbikes.   :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4743 on: 06 June 2016, 12:17 »
In 35 years of driving,  Direct Line have never come even close to being competitive when it came to insuring my cars or vans. I'm amazed they are still in business :shocked:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4744 on: 06 June 2016, 13:00 »
Been away for a week with my car left at a dockside car park in Southampton. Was expecting to have to dig it out from under a mountain of guano but amazingly, with the exception of a few splashes over the bonnet, poo free! Enjoyed the drive home too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4745 on: 06 June 2016, 13:41 »
Half hour speed wash today - snow foam, 2BW and dry only.  Ready for body shop tomorrow.  Looking forward to next couple of days in the Skoda Fabia 1.0  :wink: :laugh:

« Last Edit: 06 June 2016, 14:10 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4746 on: 06 June 2016, 14:29 »
In 35 years of driving,  Direct Line have never come even close to being competitive when it came to insuring my cars or vans. I'm amazed they are still in business :shocked:

DL is £230 a year for me.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4747 on: 06 June 2016, 14:30 »

I would recommend barkeepers friend (£2.99 from John Lewis) works a treat and relatively no effort to get them spotless.

I couldn't get mine spotless with mercury, google led me to this.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6105375-Cleaning-dirty-exhaust-tips

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4748 on: 06 June 2016, 15:55 »

I'm sure somebody must use them, maybe they just don't like window cleaners :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4749 on: 06 June 2016, 16:07 »

I'm sure somebody must use them, maybe they just don't like window cleaners :smiley:

Nope ur not on your own they don't like truck drivers neither I always get my quotes and insurance cheaper by £50 everytime lol power to the tinter webs  :grin: :whistle: :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆