Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785065 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4690 on: 28 May 2016, 07:10 »
I hope they catch them as I am interested in how they target the cars, did they see me driving it and followed, heard on the grapevine or something else? Or is the same people that came after I had only had it 2 weeks or so, they opened front door at about 10.30pm but ran when disturbed.
Disappointed for my son too for the glass has totally shattered into small pieces all into and on some of his Lego creations which were on the floor..and I don't just mean the sets you buy in a box but his own which involve thousands of pieces and quite a few hours of time. Shame the thieves weren't just wearing socks or they might not have ventured further into house; those of you out there who have ever accidentally stood on a Lego piece will know what I mean  :wink:

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #4691 on: 28 May 2016, 08:15 »
Sorry to here that pixwix, I had a similar experience last year when my golf r was stolen, i think they like to target brand new cars over the 20k mark (what ever it is) to get top money aboard.

Where about was it taken from.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4692 on: 28 May 2016, 08:31 »
Taken from my drive, Wakefield..I reported it straightway and it was spotted about 12 miles away in 20 minutes later near a place called Birstall but then they lost it but as the policeman who was talking to me as the report came in said 'I guess it's quite a fast car and they couldn't keep up with it, traffic police would have been able to but not us'...don't know whether to feel slightly pleased about that or not!

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #4693 on: 28 May 2016, 08:58 »
When I got the call from the police to say they had recovered mine I had mixed emotions,on one hand I never wanted to see again for fear of it happening again , but on the other hand I loved that car & wanted it back. we even considered selling the golf & buying a heap,but then why let the scumbags win.

If you do get it back within a few weeks it won't be marked on the data base as a stolen and recovered car.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4694 on: 28 May 2016, 09:18 »
I hope they catch them as I am interested in how they target the cars, did they see me driving it and followed, heard on the grapevine or something else? Or is the same people that came after I had only had it 2 weeks or so, they opened front door at about 10.30pm but ran when disturbed.
Disappointed for my son too for the glass has totally shattered into small pieces all into and on some of his Lego creations which were on the floor..and I don't just mean the sets you buy in a box but his own which involve thousands of pieces and quite a few hours of time. Shame the thieves weren't just wearing socks or they might not have ventured further into house; those of you out there who have ever accidentally stood on a Lego piece will know what I mean  :wink:
Awful news Pixwix, hope hubby's not hurt too badly and his good looks are intact :smiley:
I'm like you and curious as to how they target people. I imagine they spot you out and about and follow you home.
Hope things get back to normal for you and your family asap  :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4695 on: 28 May 2016, 11:53 »
Got a brick through patio window at about 1.30am today and much loved carbon grey pp stolen..had spent previous evening giving it a good clean and wax...full of all the 'should have' thoughts at the moment,gap insurance, guard lock sat in garage not being used etc etc. But mostly feeling a bit sick and guilty for putting family through the experience.

Awful news Pixwix, hope you all recover from the shock soon. But most important, don't blame yourself, it's 100% those thieving scumbags fault.

Personally I don't think additional security devices will make any difference to the end result, if they really want to take the car they will but it may mean having a confrontation with them which would definitely be worse.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4696 on: 28 May 2016, 13:26 »
In breaking in quite a lot of damage has happened to the house, I presume I have to claim that from my house insurance rather than my car insurance.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4697 on: 28 May 2016, 13:41 »
Really sorry to hear of your terrible ordeal, and your husbands injuries.  Hope you are all ok once over the shock.  Inevitable going over the 'what ifs' but unfortunately plenty of have had their cars stolen regardless.  If they are determined to take the car, they will.  In which case better that they take it without any harm and aggression towards the family.  Hope you all recover from the ordeal.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2016, 13:45 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4698 on: 28 May 2016, 14:31 »
In breaking in quite a lot of damage has happened to the house, I presume I have to claim that from my house insurance rather than my car insurance.

Yes, the house damage will be on the house policy. So sad for you, but it's glass and plastic and metal - no one hurt, so.............
Only thing is, I know you will all be feeling violated and vulnerable - that's the worst of it. Maybe time to up security precautions and surveilance on the house. Will help to reassure you, as well as keep you and your stuff safer.

Stay positive and don't let the scum win.  :angry:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline jpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4699 on: 28 May 2016, 15:49 »
Exactly same as me: 3 months ago-patio doors in, car gone. Utterly gutted for you. All I can say is that maybe if you had had more security you'd have ended up with a knife to your throat. Hope you can put it behind you.