Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784994 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4590 on: 19 May 2016, 15:04 »
I blame Simon (dubber36) who said I'd had my three bits of bad luck and that was my quota. Seems 4 is the new 3!

You just had to go one better Bec  :rolleyes:  :grin:.

I didn't want to Simon, I really didn't.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4591 on: 19 May 2016, 15:05 »
Got my quote from the bodyshop to fix the damage to my rear arch and polish alloy wheel. £402!!!  :sick: Looks like I won't be getting it fixed after all  :cry:

Gonna try a smart repair next.  Will also visit my local detailers to see if anything can be polished out.

Good luck Snooze, hope it can be smart repaired at much less cost.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4592 on: 19 May 2016, 15:06 »

Well that's something at least! Hope Friday goes well.

Cheers.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4593 on: 19 May 2016, 16:03 »
My Sparco wheel spacers arrived from Italy today, hopefully I'll fit them tomorrow if it's a dry day.
Very impressed with the build quality, beautifully machined, and they look gorgeous as well!
They come supplied with all fixings so shouldn't be too hard to fit.
I'll take some photos of them and post them up for anyone who is remotely interested :rolleyes:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HavqUw]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HcPazz]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GTBvjL]

« Last Edit: 19 May 2016, 16:54 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4594 on: 19 May 2016, 16:12 »
My Sparco wheel spacers arrived from Italy today, hopefully I'll fit them tomorrow if it's a dry day.
Very impressed with the build quality, beautifully machined, and they look gorgeous as well!
I'll take some photos of them and post them up for anyone who is remotely interested :rolleyes:

Waiting with bated breath.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4595 on: 19 May 2016, 16:14 »

Waiting with bated breath.  :smiley:
I can imagine :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4596 on: 19 May 2016, 16:26 »
Collected it  :smiley:

Will take some nice pics when it stops raining.
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #4597 on: 19 May 2016, 16:43 »
Just a word to the wise ref chips etc loads of bids out there showing how it's done I picked up a chip just on roofline about 2" above the screen took it to my local chips
away expecting a near invisible repair as I have done to my other cars in the past but seeing as this was only 2wk old I thought I'd get it done professionally... How wrong I was I dropped the car off was asked for service book for paint code all good I thought but upon picking the car back up all they did was line the bottom of the ding the hole was still there I could see and feel the shoulders of the ding..
Explanation it's the best we can do apart from having the whole roof resprayed...
Note to self and all you out there don't use chipsaway unless you've ad work done before.
I'm going to tackle mine hopefully this weekend if the weather holds up..

I won't use my local Chipsaway, after the assessed some repairs I needed to rear bumper of my mk6 GTI.  A couple crinkles in the plastic and some scuffs on lip of bumper.  Said it was a respray job (fair enough) but couldn't guatantee getting the crinkles out so probably just respray over them!!!

I took it to a local bodyshop who sorted crinkles out and resprayed. Perfect job and and £50 cheaper than Chipsaway!  Im

Well done Booth very good price too but yeah believe me il never use chipsaway again totally useless.... :angry:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4598 on: 19 May 2016, 18:36 »
When I had my mk6 GTD, I got Chips Away for a quote to repair some minor damage on the leading edge of the front bumper at the bottom. They said they could paint it, but you'd still see the damage, which was no good to me; I wanted it perfect.

I went to a local firm in Norwich who undertake smart repairs, including plastic welding, which was required as part of the repair. They did an excellent job, the paint was a perfect colour match, and they charged less than Chips Away were going to charge for a half hearted attempt at a repair.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4599 on: 19 May 2016, 19:09 »

They look like a properly engineered kit, kalimon. Got a link to your supplier? What are you going to use for locking bolts?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.