Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785042 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4550 on: 13 May 2016, 21:34 »
Agreed to trade it against a new Tiguan... :cry: not even an r line, it's an SEL!! :rolleyes:

The Golf has basically been my wifes car and family ferry since an issue with my wifes car forced a sale and ever since we had an attemped theft of the R my wife has been a bit "twitchy" , her works car park is quite remote so would prefer something a little less flashy?? Lols..

So in an effort to keep her happy the GTI is going, got a decent deal so not all bad and i'm sure it'll be a lovely car, i've been looking at runarounds for me!? Mk2 GTI or mini coopers are looking ok?
« Last Edit: 13 May 2016, 21:46 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4551 on: 13 May 2016, 21:45 »
Last MKIIs are 25 years old now mate - take care. what abt a possibly high mileage but well looked after mkv?
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #4552 on: 13 May 2016, 23:23 »
Agreed to trade it against a new Tiguan... :cry: not even an r line, it's an SEL!! :rolleyes:

The Golf has basically been my wifes car and family ferry since an issue with my wifes car forced a sale and ever since we had an attemped theft of the R my wife has been a bit "twitchy" , her works car park is quite remote so would prefer something a little less flashy?? Lols..

So in an effort to keep her happy the GTI is going, got a decent deal so not all bad and i'm sure it'll be a lovely car, i've been looking at runarounds for me!? Mk2 GTI or mini coopers are looking ok?

Get a JCW Jimble. Great little cars!!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4553 on: 13 May 2016, 23:34 »
Ordered a footrest from those oriental chaps.
Also ordered 5 Litres of Millers additive at Wilkodirect since its 20% off this weekend.
I've also been searching for a key pouch, one without the slot for the pop out key. Closest I could find was one for a Touareg.
I might give it a try.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4554 on: 14 May 2016, 00:08 »

Get a JCW Jimble. Great little cars!!

Oh mate! I'd love one but i reckon about £5k is going to be my max budget for a runaround tbh, so a highish mileage cooper S would be the best i could do, or a cooper and a bit of tinkering, i've never driven a mini i've only sat in them so may be a non starter, i really would love to have a classic vw, i'd like a mk5 i doubt i'd find something i'd be happy with within my budget?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4555 on: 14 May 2016, 05:46 »
Sorry to hear of your latest ding Exonian. Would it be worth trying a smart repair?

Got the last bit sorted today on my wing repair, a small area that needed a machine polish they missed the first time. They sorted it while I waited (I was in the car at the time!). Had a good chat, they were all fans of the GTI!
The ding is really small and white being non reflective seems to disguise it well. I've been given the number of a good PDR guy but I'm going to wait a while to see how much it bothers me as I have this sinking feeling that as soon as I get it sorted I'll get another careless git parked next to me. I've a suspicion it's my next door neighbour as they're really careless with their car.

Good to hear yours is finally sorted 100%.
Wrap it in cotton wool now!

Finally got round to ordering some Sparco wheel spacers as recommended by Exonian :wink:
Should be here early next week so that's something to look forward to :smiley:
Note to self....... 'stop spending money on your car!!'
Good shout Andy.
You'll be surprised how much better the car looks with them on.

@Jimble: the new Tiguans look really good and the high up driving position will be much appreciated by Mrs Jimble I reckon. Lots of ladies seem to like that type of car.
There are a lot of mk2 GTIs about that are pretty rubbish but still commanding big bucks. It's not a great time to buy one unless you can track a mint one down via a forum or at a VW show.
I have a friend that collects SEAT Ibiza GTIs as they're quite cheap still and drive really well, plus they are really easy to maintain. There aren't many good ones of those left now either though. Many succumbed to rusty arches as they were made of mk3 Golf GTI metal. However if you can find a good one they're great as they're built like tanks. Much more solid than the facelifed mk3 Ibiza 1.8t's.
I'm a big Mini Cooper S fan too but they can be pricey to run if you get problems.

I wonder what this one is like in the flesh http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/13742-25-years-difference/
« Last Edit: 14 May 2016, 05:52 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4556 on: 14 May 2016, 10:50 »

Have you actually seen one in the flesh yet ??
I am starting to get a twitch over a R Line Tiguan with a few choice extras   :huh: :shocked:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #4557 on: 14 May 2016, 11:39 »

Dent gone now.£60.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4558 on: 14 May 2016, 11:57 »
That looks better AndyG  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #4559 on: 14 May 2016, 12:35 »
Thanks,a tiny bit of the paint is worn rather than scratched.I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of weeks but it's not really noticeable.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.