Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4500 on: 08 May 2016, 11:49 »
Think maybe the one upside of Stop/Start is the battery technology. Charging an iPad shouldn't be too taxing, should it. Or maybe there is a sensor that detects use of the battery for flipant purposes and flattens everything! Time will tell.  :wink:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4501 on: 08 May 2016, 11:55 »
Think maybe the one upside of Stop/Start is the battery technology. Charging an iPad shouldn't be too taxing, should it. Or maybe there is a sensor that detects use of the battery for flipant purposes and flattens everything! Time will tell.  :wink:
mine died just powering an LED!
Ok, it was over a period of days & in cold weather but it still didn't like it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4502 on: 08 May 2016, 12:35 »
Godammit!!!

To add to the growing list of dents and scuffs, I now have a new job for the DA, and a new problem!

Noticed some dirt on the bonnet this morning on parking up at the swimming pool. On closer inspection turns out to be paw prints and a nice set of claw marks on either side of the bonnet. Culprit is one of my own cats! My money is on the latest feline addition to the Booth household, a ginger stray we took in recently who has turned out to be something of a sun worshipper it seems. Never had this issue with any of my other cats. The scratches have not gone through the clear coat this time but I fear for next time. Might have to cover the bonnet with a couple of big drying towels when it’s sunny and parked on the driveway. Not sure what else can be done to stop it. Getting rid of the cat is not an option.

Any suggestions?

The damage

I feel for you Rebecca, your having so much bad luck with this car at the minute. Only suggest I can think off is car cover. Not sure if you can get top half only though.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4503 on: 08 May 2016, 12:57 »
Not again Booth! Cessation of Kitekat until sunbathing rules compliance? In my limited experience of cats, they are intelligent but deliberately uncooperative so as suggested it's either a cover or 240v for kitty.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4504 on: 08 May 2016, 13:41 »
Godammit!!!

To add to the growing list of dents and scuffs, I now have a new job for the DA, and a new problem!

Noticed some dirt on the bonnet this morning on parking up at the swimming pool. On closer inspection turns out to be paw prints and a nice set of claw marks on either side of the bonnet. Culprit is one of my own cats! My money is on the latest feline addition to the Booth household, a ginger stray we took in recently who has turned out to be something of a sun worshipper it seems. Never had this issue with any of my other cats. The scratches have not gone through the clear coat this time but I fear for next time. Might have to cover the bonnet with a couple of big drying towels when it’s sunny and parked on the driveway. Not sure what else can be done to stop it. Getting rid of the cat is not an option.

Any suggestions?

The damage

My OCD would not handle any of the recent issues you've had car wise very at all......

To stop the cat sleeping on the car have you considered one of the cat repelants,  I know you have cats but something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STV610-Mega-Ultra-Sonic-Cat-Repeller-Dog-Repellent-Auto-Motion-Sensor-Detection-/160553753540
Will just annoy them in one place if the PIR detects movement.  If you can position it right it might just be enough to only activate in an area you park the car so they don't wanna hang about there?

Good luck getting sorted

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4505 on: 08 May 2016, 17:15 »
Booth, if you want to stop the cat getting on the bonnet clip her nails, especially the inner one on each fron paw. It will also help stop them from killing small animals.

The worst animal is a peacocks. We had some on the farm at home and they love shiny things and they can do some really bad damage to cars and that was years ago when cars had hard paint. I put them in the back of the pickup and dropped them off at a local castle/country park where they already had some.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4506 on: 11 May 2016, 15:26 »
Today I have joined the self inflicted damage club  :angry:

Half asleep at just after 4am I clipped the frame of the garage door aperture with my alloy wheel.

Me who is normally super careful with my wheels is now a very unhappy bunny.

It looks worse in the flesh as the contrast between grey wheel and silver alloy is much more noticeable.
Grrrrrrrrrrr.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4507 on: 11 May 2016, 15:40 »

Half asleep at just after 4am I clipped the frame of the garage door aperture with my alloy wheel.

It looks worse in the flesh as the contrast between grey wheel and silver alloy is much more noticeable.
Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Thats bad luck, your wing must have been bloody close to the frame also :shocked:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2016, 15:43 by Eccie »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4508 on: 11 May 2016, 16:13 »

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Thats bad luck, your wing must have been bloody close to the frame also :shocked:

That was my fear.
The car is pretty dirty right now and I can't see any bodywork damage so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
There's a sharp metal bracket that sticks out a bit which I think must be the culprit. The bolts go into the bracket when the door closes.
I must've been so busy concentrating on getting the mirrors through (as there's only an inch or so either side to play with) that I didn't realise I wasn't square with the frame as the wheels went through.
I'm really cross with myself!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4509 on: 11 May 2016, 16:34 »
It's easily done at 4am in the morning, don't beat yourself up, drink more coffee and make sure you put that wheel on the front passenger side, thats the one your most likely to kerb when parking out and about - then it would make a refurb worth while, for the time being I'd just touch it up with a bit of clear lacquer.