Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4490 on: 07 May 2016, 20:50 »
As always looks spot on...
Fitted my aliexpress dead pedal today not even 10 mins thanks to an earlier post about makin the gap in the 2 locaters slightly wider... :whistle:

Cheers :smiley: Plenty of stonechips and small marks, I think it's a bit of a fools errand trying to keep up with it all.

The footrest is rather good and as Booth has said, does feel better, not sure why. As for spending time fitting it properly, pah, brute force and ignorance wins everytime :whistle:
And a big hammer always helps lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4491 on: 07 May 2016, 23:37 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4492 on: 07 May 2016, 23:40 »
I think it's a bit of a fools errand trying to keep up with it all.

That's not the attitude.  :tongue:

As for spending time fitting it properly, pah, brute force and ignorance wins everytime :whistle:

That's not the attitude.  :rolleyes: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #4493 on: 07 May 2016, 23:41 »
Today I finished the clean I started yesterday. It wasn't too dirty but I wanted to get a layer of wax on because of the freshly painted wing. Washed with Gtechniq G Wash and waxed with Finish Kare FK1000p. Easy to apply and buff off with a good shine. Glass courtesy of AG Fast Glass. Found a small area on the drivers door where the bodyshop has missed with the polisher presumably when they blended in the new paint, will go back next week and get it sorted otherwise it was an excellent job.

Love TR when it's clean, looked better earlier when the sun was stronger but very pleased with the overall result :smiley:

Inevitably one of our feathered friends dumped on the roof in the few moments I was indoors getting the glass cleaner :rolleyes:

Awesome dude :cool: Red with Santiagos rates highly in my book, love it :grin:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4494 on: 07 May 2016, 23:55 »
^^^^^ red really does suit the mk7 and Santiagos are beautiful items.
I've often been tempted to order a GTD in red with Santiagos.

The one downside of the Santis is those little spokes that must be a nightmare to clean.
I spent most of my twenties (when your average guy would have been out getting drunk and getting the clap) squatting in a puddle of water scrubbing BBS wheels with a toothbrush. It's a miracle I don't have piles the size of a large cabbage really.
So nowadays rule no.1 of alloy wheels for me are "how easy will they be to clean?"
No point getting older and not wiser!!

Yes, I should get out more but my padded cell is locked from the outside.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4495 on: 08 May 2016, 11:07 »
^^^^^ red really does suit the mk7 and Santiagos are beautiful items.
I've often been tempted to order a GTD in red with Santiagos.

The one downside of the Santis is those little spokes that must be a nightmare to clean.
I spent most of my twenties (when your average guy would have been out getting drunk and getting the clap) squatting in a puddle of water scrubbing BBS wheels with a toothbrush. It's a miracle I don't have piles the size of a large cabbage really.
So nowadays rule no.1 of alloy wheels for me are "how easy will they be to clean?"
No point getting older and not wiser!!

Yes, I should get out more but my padded cell is locked from the outside.

I'm sure that's one miracle you are very pleased about!

They are a bit fiddly to clean but I'm getting used to it now and it's not too bad. That and I try not to look too closely :whistle:

I think it's a bit of a fools errand trying to keep up with it all.

That's not the attitude.  :tongue:

As for spending time fitting it properly, pah, brute force and ignorance wins everytime :whistle:

That's not the attitude.  :rolleyes: :grin:

Oh dear, I'm not to good at this :embarrassed:

Awesome dude :cool: Red with Santiagos rates highly in my book, love it :grin:

Cheers Cossieian :smiley:

Tried to catch the deep red in the strong sun this morning (and amazingly my reinstated to favourite feathered friends didn't dump once on my car overnight):

You can see my OH's Lupo in the background, now that really needs a wash, gets one or two a year if it's lucky!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4496 on: 08 May 2016, 11:21 »
Did the fuse move (How to here.) to make the 12v power sockets live all the time. Now we can leave stuff charging overnight, while on holiday. Got a high power usb adaptor to look after the iPad.

Great weather!!!  :laugh:

Which reminds me - I also had to soak off a few overnight bird poos. Not too much, though, and it's great to see the Swallows back!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 May 2016, 11:25 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4497 on: 08 May 2016, 11:31 »
Godammit!!!

To add to the growing list of dents and scuffs, I now have a new job for the DA, and a new problem!

Noticed some dirt on the bonnet this morning on parking up at the swimming pool. On closer inspection turns out to be paw prints and a nice set of claw marks on either side of the bonnet. Culprit is one of my own cats! My money is on the latest feline addition to the Booth household, a ginger stray we took in recently who has turned out to be something of a sun worshipper it seems. Never had this issue with any of my other cats. The scratches have not gone through the clear coat this time but I fear for next time. Might have to cover the bonnet with a couple of big drying towels when it’s sunny and parked on the driveway. Not sure what else can be done to stop it. Getting rid of the cat is not an option.

Any suggestions?

The damage

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4498 on: 08 May 2016, 11:41 »
Running an electric current briefly through the bonnet might make Ginge decide that car bonnets are bad places in future  :whistle:

On a serious note, rubbing something smelly that cats don't like on the bonnet is probably your only option.
Drying towels tend to slide off shiny paintwork.

Did the fuse move (How to here.) to make the 12v power sockets live all the time. Now we can leave stuff charging overnight, while on holiday. Got a high power usb adaptor to look after the iPad.

Great weather!!!  :laugh:

Which reminds me - I also had to soak off a few overnight bird poos. Not too much, though, and it's great to see the Swallows back!  :smiley:
Don't go getting a flat car battery!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4499 on: 08 May 2016, 11:43 »
That is seriously soft paint you have there Rebecca!

Our cat seems to be less attracted to this TS car than the previous DBP, but never had scratches like that.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.