Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784999 times)

Offline Bubba Nutkin

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4440 on: 04 May 2016, 20:21 »
I can't offer any foolproof solutions I'm afraid, Rebecca.  Given how much pride you take in your car's appearance you must be furious about how little care others seem to take.
Too many motorists are just rubbish.....partly because they are incompetent, but mainly because they just don't give a flying fish about anyone else's property.  You have my full sympathy!
Bubba.
mk7 GTI now sold.  Gone but not forgotten.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4441 on: 04 May 2016, 21:03 »
Swapped the VWR springs for a set of Eibach Pros and also put a Revo intake on it and the Cup2s

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4442 on: 04 May 2016, 21:41 »
You're not whinging Ms B, merely venting frustrations to a sympathetic audience who share your pain.

You're not whinging Ms B, merely venting frustrations to a sympathetic audience who share your pain.
Precisely. Vent away.

You remind me why I like this place so much.  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4443 on: 04 May 2016, 21:46 »

Maybe I need a new job!

Booth11
                         Professional detailer
                           Established 2016

Oh yes, this has to happen :laugh:

First thing I thought of when she said maybe she needs a new job. She would get my business a couple of times a year. Coincide with my trips overseas, just leave a day or so earlier.

I'm truly flattered but I really think my detailing talents fall well short of pro levels of skill, plus I fear if I did it for a living, the enjoyment of it would be quickly lost.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4444 on: 04 May 2016, 21:56 »
FFS Rebecca that's so frustrating!

The paint is so soft though, it really doesn't take much to mark it at all and obviously it's especially noticeable on the darker colours. Sometimes I miss the relatively hassle free white.

I can't offer any foolproof solutions I'm afraid, Rebecca.  Given how much pride you take in your car's appearance you must be furious about how little care others seem to take.
Too many motorists are just rubbish.....partly because they are incompetent, but mainly because they just don't give a flying fish about anyone else's property.  You have my full sympathy!
Bubba.

Thank Joe and Bubba.  Not much can be done to prevent it. But the lack of respect towards other's properties is a sad state of affairs. 

Anyway on my way home I took my frustrations out on the woman driving the Z4 in front of me who on sight of my car at the roundabout, decided she could outpace me and started driving in a laughable fashion.  Normally I resist rising to this kind of behaviour but it provided trivial amusement and took my mind of the damage, lol.  Anyway she couldn't shake me off and it was all over when she stalled at the traffic lights. :laugh:  Childish but satisfying.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4445 on: 04 May 2016, 22:07 »

Maybe I need a new job!

Booth11
                         Professional detailer
                           Established 2016

First thing I thought of when she said maybe she needs a new job. She would get my business a couple of times a year. Coincide with my trips overseas, just leave a day or so earlier.

I'm truly flattered but I really think my detailing talents fall well short of pro levels of skill, plus I fear if I did it for a living, the enjoyment of it would be quickly lost.

Seriously if you think your skills are not up to it then you must have a special camera because it must make your work look 100% better than you think it is.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4446 on: 05 May 2016, 01:09 »

Maybe I need a new job!

Booth11
                         Professional detailer
                           Established 2016

Seriously if you think your skills are not up to it then you must have a special camera because it must make your work look 100% better than you think it is.

No special camera.  Maybe I am better than I think I am.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4447 on: 05 May 2016, 08:02 »
You most definitely are Rebecca, and a wonderful resource for the rest of us mortals that try and emulate your skills.

I can't really add any more than the rest of the guys have said about the last damage other than to totally despair at the incredible lack of respect people nowadays show to other peoples property.  Really sorry.

Is it just me, or does that damage look like a handbag or similar being dragged along the paint work ? I ask as this happened to my wife's Polo last year, except she caught the women (with a fake Chanel bag with metal edging), in the process of squeezing though a gap between the wife's car and the next and dragging the bag across the paintwork, and this was luckily also caught on the Banks CCTV system. Needless to say when the wife pointed at the camera the women confessed it was here (she was caught red handed anyway), and agreed to pay for damages. We got a call from her husband later to say to get a quote and he would pay. We got a local detailing company to buff the damage out for £150 and to be fair he paid in advanced, and apologised for his wife.

I'm 100% sure though that if the wife hadn't challenged her, she would have happily just walked off without saying a word.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2016, 08:05 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4448 on: 05 May 2016, 08:12 »
Swapped the VWR springs for a set of Eibach Pros and also put a Revo intake on it and the Cup2s

How you finding the Eibach Pros compared to the VWR springs?

Also, if you space out the front wheels or fit wider ones (especially with 235 section tyres) you might find the need to do the wheelarch screw mod.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4449 on: 05 May 2016, 11:36 »
Thanks Sootchucker.

Yes, it does look like damage inflicted by a bag.  It's exactly at that height, and I see how some people chuck their bags over their shoulders whilst between the 2 cars.

Well I have taken the matter up with work today and they will be sending an email out to all staff to draw attention to the car parking matter.  I can put in a request to have the CCTV looked at but have been warned that it doesn’t capture all the car park, and some areas are quite obscured, and at this time of year the dividing hedges between rows in leaf further obscure some areas!!!  We’ll see. Yesterday was a pita but but can be polished out at no cost. I'm more bothered about the damage last week where someone scraped the bumper, not sure all of that will polish out.

Anyway today the car park was quite empty when I arrived and so I've parked in a different row and managed to bag an end spot, without a tree and without going over the white line which may result in me getting a PCN, I managed to perch it right on the line, leaving as much space on the other side as possible.   Didn't want to go any further into the concrete bit to the left as that's where people walk with their handbags/laptop bags banging about, brushing up against the car.  Could still be a bit close for comfort on the right depending on how others in the row park and also on the left depending on how careless the passing pedestrians are!

« Last Edit: 05 May 2016, 11:43 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual