Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785020 times)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4180 on: 03 April 2016, 13:33 »
Drove in to bush. Scratch down drivers door :-(

:sad:
Will it polish out?

Yes booth, only a light scratch. Washed her yesterday to assess the full damage, but too scared to look!

Good news, the mark has gone! Mustn't have been a scratch at all, but just sap transfer from the branch I think! I lightly buffed the area with damp drying towel and the mark has gone :-)
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4181 on: 03 April 2016, 14:06 »
Drove in to bush. Scratch down drivers door :-(

:sad:
Will it polish out?

Yes booth, only a light scratch. Washed her yesterday to assess the full damage, but too scared to look!

Good news, the mark has gone! Mustn't have been a scratch at all, but just sap transfer from the branch I think! I lightly buffed the area with damp drying towel and the mark has gone :-)

That's good.  Always a welcome relief when it turns out to be just a bit of dirt or something.  Hard to tell sometimes though.  If they are still there after you do a wash, then your heart sinks a bit.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4182 on: 04 April 2016, 13:03 »
After having to drive like a nun for the past 5 days as the mrs was in the car, lets just say I 'enjoyed' the performance of the GTD down the on-ramp to the motorway this morning!  :grin:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4183 on: 04 April 2016, 16:26 »
After having to drive like a nun for the past 5 days as the mrs was in the car, lets just say I 'enjoyed' the performance of the GTD down the on-ramp to the motorway this morning!  :grin:
May as well add to them stone chips and get them all done at once Dave :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4184 on: 04 April 2016, 16:48 »
May as well add to them stone chips and get them all done at once Dave :laugh:

lol why not! :laugh:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4185 on: 04 April 2016, 19:27 »
Had the cover of my fuel flap come off in my hand when filling up...long queue behind...tried to discreetly hide the fact it had come off and presumed I could clip it back on in private. At home I find a clip or something has snapped off  :cry:, was going to wash the car tonight but the missing cover making the car look nasty seems to defeat the point of making the rest of it shiny. I wonder if it will be covered under warranty?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4186 on: 04 April 2016, 23:24 »
Had the cover of my fuel flap come off in my hand when filling up...long queue behind...tried to discreetly hide the fact it had come off and presumed I could clip it back on in private. At home I find a clip or something has snapped off  :cry:, was going to wash the car tonight but the missing cover making the car look nasty seems to defeat the point of making the rest of it shiny. I wonder if it will be covered under warranty?

Definitely a warranty job I would think.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4187 on: 05 April 2016, 01:53 »
Not something I did but my brother knocked on the door this morning and as he was coming in he asked me who keyed all the sides of the R I have while my car is in the repairers. Went out and 5-6 wavey lines down both sides of the car. I nearly burst a blood vessel.

Turns out my dickhead of a brother thought it would be funny if he put dental floss on the car. Didn't half look like scratches though.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4188 on: 05 April 2016, 07:46 »

That's the kind of warrant work some dealers might find contentious. If you get a flat refusal you need to try another dealership group. Does the broken end of the clip and a bit behind the break point look whitened like strained plastic usually does when it is bent or snapped, or is it a very clean looking snap indicating brittle material?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4189 on: 05 April 2016, 17:25 »
Well...upshot of this.. One lug on the flap looked about to break....white stress line and floppy..took it to dealer and operative said it looked like it had probably been forced when it was in the open position or forced when it was shut...not on my watch...then when he looked at the main inside black plastic flap he said there was a bit broken on that too so it definitely wouldn't be warranty as 2 bits broken/bent in different places. He has put it back on and secured it with double-sided tape (like for a number plate). Cross fingers it does the trick. But most worrying in that he suspected someone had been trying to get in to nick the petrol.