Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4140 on: 31 March 2016, 18:31 »
Drove in to bush. Scratch down drivers door :-(
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4141 on: 31 March 2016, 18:32 »
Drove in to bush. Scratch down drivers door :-(

:sad:
Will it polish out?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4142 on: 31 March 2016, 18:43 »
However, what I can't get my head around is that an increasing number of people seem to treat their cars like white goods, a throwaway, disposable item. Yet, they are still the most expensive thing you will buy after your house, however you finance it.

:huh:

I can't get my head round it either.  A colleague at work got a brand new Nissan Juke and before the first month of ownership was out, it had 2 kerbed wheels, a dent in the boot lid and missing paint where it had been reversed into a wheelie bin.  When I said that she must be pretty peed off with the damage, she just shrugged and said "it happens"! Needless I don't park my car anywhere near hers!

I doubt it made the Juke look any worse, they're designed to look like they've been in a simultaneous front and rear shunt.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4143 on: 31 March 2016, 20:20 »
However, what I can't get my head around is that an increasing number of people seem to treat their cars like white goods, a throwaway, disposable item. Yet, they are still the most expensive thing you will buy after your house, however you finance it.

:huh:

I can't get my head round it either.  A colleague at work got a brand new Nissan Juke and before the first month of ownership was out, it had 2 kerbed wheels, a dent in the boot lid and missing paint where it had been reversed into a wheelie bin.  When I said that she must be pretty peed off with the damage, she just shrugged and said "it happens"! Needless I don't park my car anywhere near hers!

I doubt it made the Juke look any worse, they're designed to look like they've been in a simultaneous front and rear shunt.

It's not dubbed the Nissan Joke for nothing ;-)
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #4144 on: 01 April 2016, 08:59 »
Had my Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tyres swapped over to 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4's.  :laugh: :laugh:

They are a revelation. I've only done 10 miles on them so far but the reduced road noise, the ride comfort, the response and the grip are exceptional! I'm scrubbing them in for a couple of hundred miles before driving hard on them, but half throttle acceleration is smooth and effortless where the Bridgestones would have been spinning up and tramping.

If I ever buy a car with Bridgestones as standard, I'll be budgeting to swap them before I collect the car.

Over the coming weeks I'll also be fitting new discs and pads all round (Brembo items), and giving it it's spring detail. I'll be hoping to refinish the hubs and calipers too if I can find the time.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #4145 on: 01 April 2016, 09:12 »
Had my Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tyres swapped over to 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4's.  :laugh: :laugh:

They are a revelation. I've only done 10 miles on them so far but the reduced road noise, the ride comfort, the response and the grip are exceptional! I'm scrubbing them in for a couple of hundred miles before driving hard on them, but half throttle acceleration is smooth and effortless where the Bridgestones would have been spinning up and tramping.

If I ever buy a car with Bridgestones as standard, I'll be budgeting to swap them before I collect the car.

Over the coming weeks I'll also be fitting new discs and pads all round (Brembo items), and giving it it's spring detail. I'll be hoping to refinish the hubs and calipers too if I can find the time.

Looking good!

I'm considering swapping my Bridgestones for PS4's,how much did they cost you approx? (Apologies if im being too nosey!)

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #4146 on: 01 April 2016, 09:42 »

Looking good!

I'm considering swapping my Bridgestones for PS4's,how much did they cost you approx? (Apologies if im being too nosey!)

No problem at all! I paid £94 + VAT for them (£112.80 each). You can get them for about £103 each on Blackcircles, but I wanted to support the local Michelin dealer (garage at the end of my road) so I was happy to pay a touch more. They filled them with Nitrogen and did a 4 wheel lazer alignment for me as a thanks!

I'd highly recommend swapping the awful Bridgestones for them, fantastic tyre.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4147 on: 01 April 2016, 17:33 »
The Mk7 side crease is an attractive feature, but so vulnerable.

Opposite extreme, I guess, are those plastic panels on the side of that Citroen thingy. Not vulnerable, but soooooo unattractive! You'd rather have a dent, wouldn't you?  :sick:

I just had to kick one of these the other day. It was at the dealers, not just a random one parked on the street  :grin: There is nothing behind it, it's just a big hole in the door skin.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #4148 on: 01 April 2016, 20:26 »
Black clearly not every ones cup of tea...

But what the hell

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4149 on: 01 April 2016, 20:41 »
Black clearly not every ones cup of tea...

But what the hell

I really like those; they look great!  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl