Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4130 on: 31 March 2016, 12:16 »
Maybe someone in the know will know better, I read a few years back that although cars are getting bigger, the parking spaces have more or less stayed the same size.
Doesn't give people an excuse though to do what they are doing.

Also when looking through autotrader I noticed quite a lot of folk saying in their ad "The usual car park dings" as if it is acceptable.

That's right Stevie - parking space dimensions have remained the same.  The minimum size for side by side car park spaces is still 2.4 x 4.8 metres, although in Kent the slightly bigger size of 2.5 x 5 metres is now standard.  So cars have got fatter but spaces stayed pretty much the same.  :sad:

The Autotrader "usual car park ding" thing doesn't help as people start to think it's entirely normal to accept these things!  :angry:   
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #4131 on: 31 March 2016, 13:01 »
"The usual car park dings"

It's only a car  :shocked: :evil: :rolleyes: :cry:
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4132 on: 31 March 2016, 13:27 »
Wondered if the other two would get jealous if we temporarilly had three

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4133 on: 31 March 2016, 13:39 »

You getting a third R wigit?  Some people are so greedy!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4134 on: 31 March 2016, 14:22 »

I am thinking of leasing a dsg more door for a few years as my run about to replace mine for the daily grind when the Polo goes, i'd keep the other one to the Autumn

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4135 on: 31 March 2016, 16:50 »
"The usual car park dings"

It's only a car  :shocked: :evil: :rolleyes: :cry:

I presume you're on the wind up :)

However, what I can't get my head around is that an increasing number of people seem to treat their cars like white goods, a throwaway, disposable item. Yet, they are still the most expensive thing you will buy after your house, however you finance it.

:huh:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4136 on: 31 March 2016, 17:29 »
Some old fool parked so close to me despite the obviously bewildering array of available spaces that he couldn't get out! As I pulled away he swung his door wide open as he had mobility issues so goodness knows what mess he would've made of my car i I hadn't gone...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4137 on: 31 March 2016, 18:24 »

I am thinking of leasing a dsg more door for a few years as my run about to replace mine for the daily grind when the Polo goes, i'd keep the other one to the Autumn

Good idea.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4138 on: 31 March 2016, 18:28 »
However, what I can't get my head around is that an increasing number of people seem to treat their cars like white goods, a throwaway, disposable item. Yet, they are still the most expensive thing you will buy after your house, however you finance it.

:huh:

I can't get my head round it either.  A colleague at work got a brand new Nissan Juke and before the first month of ownership was out, it had 2 kerbed wheels, a dent in the boot lid and missing paint where it had been reversed into a wheelie bin.  When I said that she must be pretty peed off with the damage, she just shrugged and said "it happens"! Needless I don't park my car anywhere near hers! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4139 on: 31 March 2016, 18:29 »
Some old fool parked so close to me despite the obviously bewildering array of available spaces that he couldn't get out! As I pulled away he swung his door wide open as he had mobility issues so goodness knows what mess he would've made of my car i I hadn't gone...

Close shave. Phew!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual