Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4120 on: 30 March 2016, 20:49 »
I bought a Metro Vac & Blo of ebay . Used but looks in good condition and was £75.
I think it's missing a few bits and bobs so I need to have a look and see if accessories are available :smiley:

Great choice but you must get all the tools and the mini tools are not to be missed out!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4121 on: 30 March 2016, 21:06 »
Took it on a work site trip to the seaside.

Is that white van man getting back into his van to park it right beside you?

Haha! No I was guarding that area with my life! :laugh:  But about 1 min after I took the pics, a people carrier parked in the next but one space, ruining my photo opportunity. :angry:  At least they left a space between us but still there was a whole car park to choose from! :rolleyes:

Do you think it is something to do with being British? I don't mean that in a bad way but aren't they know to be good at queuing. Maybe when the see a car parked in a spot on its own they are compelled to park beside it.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #4122 on: 30 March 2016, 22:17 »
I always get grief from my family as I look out for other Golfs to park next to, failing that any VW will do.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4123 on: 30 March 2016, 22:19 »
Took it on a work site trip to the seaside.

Is that white van man getting back into his van to park it right beside you?

Haha! No I was guarding that area with my life! :laugh:  But about 1 min after I took the pics, a people carrier parked in the next but one space, ruining my photo opportunity. :angry:  At least they left a space between us but still there was a whole car park to choose from! :rolleyes:

Do you think it is something to do with being British? I don't mean that in a bad way but aren't they know to be good at queuing. Maybe when the see a car parked in a spot on its own they are compelled to park beside it.

Yes I do.  The two things the British excel at - queuing in an orderly manner and parking in an orderly line.  :grin:  I may move to another country, lol.  On second thoughts - no!  I remember being in France on Bastille Day one time and much merriment was taking place.  The town of St Malo had come to a festive standstill and all the towns roundabouts had been given over to parking.  But not in the orderly way of the Brits, oh no.  The french driver's had simply driven their battered Renaults up onto the roundabouts and in whatever higgledy piggledy position they could squeeze in amongst the other myriad cars and left them.  Someone had parked the the Quay slipway and when my sister and I were walking back to our campsite, it was being winched out of the sea.  I joke not!
« Last Edit: 30 March 2016, 22:21 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4124 on: 30 March 2016, 22:22 »
I always get grief from my family as I look out for other Golfs to park next to, failing that any VW will do.

:grin:

You are the scourge of forum members.  :angry: :tongue: :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4125 on: 30 March 2016, 22:46 »
I bought a Metro Vac & Blo of ebay . Used but looks in good condition and was £75.
I think it's missing a few bits and bobs so I need to have a look and see if accessories are available :smiley:

Great choice but you must get all the tools and the mini tools are not to be missed out!
Ordered a set of mini tools off ebay today for £7.99. They should do the job fine :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4126 on: 30 March 2016, 22:53 »
Went to wickes the other day. There was a mk7 Gztzi and an R both in tornado red, and so my TR GTD completed the set. Unfortunately they weren't parked next to each other  or that would have been a good photo op. I did feel compelled to park next to one of them so went for the GTI as there wasn't a space next to the R.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4127 on: 31 March 2016, 07:43 »
I think that some people need another car as a reference point when they're parking because they're incapable of knowing whether they're between printed lines on tarmac but can judge that they're about a foot away from your car's side.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4128 on: 31 March 2016, 08:17 »
I think that some people need another car as a reference point when they're parking because they're incapable of knowing whether they're between printed lines on tarmac but can judge that they're about a foot away from your car's side.

Those people really shouldn't be allowed to drive.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4129 on: 31 March 2016, 11:07 »
Maybe someone in the know will know better, I read a few years back that although cars are getting bigger, the parking spaces have more or less stayed the same size.
Doesn't give people an excuse though to do what they are doing.

Also when looking through autotrader I noticed quite a lot of folk saying in their ad "The usual car park dings" as if it is acceptable.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14