Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4070 on: 25 March 2016, 09:19 »
I picked up the replacement(while my CC is in for repairs) Golf R last Friday and after a weekend and over 300 miles I have decided to get one. I have submitted the spec that I want and I'm waiting to find what offers I get before I go to the dealer I have the GTD ordered with to see if they can match it or even better it.

I'm looking at two ways of getting the car, PCP and then paying the car off in full a few days after getting it so that I can get the added discount from VW or failing that leasing it for the no fuss just buy and pay for fuel way.

I am going for a what I would call a top spec except for leather and a few cosmetic bits but decided to go for the sunroof rather than the 19" wheels because I have a set of Pretoria wheels I got last December just waiting for the Cup 2 tyres that I have on the CC at the minute.

I know that I will possibly get shunned for getting an estate but it is something we need/want.

What's the reason for VW not offering 19" wheels as an option when choosing a sunroof?
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4071 on: 25 March 2016, 10:59 »
What's the reason for VW not offering 19" wheels as an option when choosing a sunroof?

In the past it was to do with kerb weight.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4072 on: 25 March 2016, 11:02 »
Collected it :)

I have been driving a Peugeot 208 thing for the past month so the difference was phenomenal. Who knows, tomorrow I might be able to check the sun roof works!

Congrats!   And the pictures?............

Just a couple taken this morning, didn't have my DSLR with me sound iPhone had to do :)

App-connect, Car play and KESSY are amazing!

Lovely, love Reflex Silver on the mk7.  :cool:

You can say that again.   :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4073 on: 25 March 2016, 11:20 »
Collected it :)

I have been driving a Peugeot 208 thing for the past month so the difference was phenomenal. Who knows, tomorrow I might be able to check the sun roof works!

Congrats!   And the pictures?............

Just a couple taken this morning, didn't have my DSLR with me sound iPhone had to do :)

I was passed by a reflex silver GTi last week and I thought it looked particularly good, it was the first time I had seen a performance Mk7 in the colour.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4074 on: 25 March 2016, 11:35 »
Hope my GTi in Tungsten looks that good Ant! Very nice.  :wink:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4075 on: 25 March 2016, 17:15 »
Thanks guys. Also bought a Karchar K2 today as well as a bunch of cleaning stuff from clean my car.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2016, 19:13 by AntGTD »
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4076 on: 25 March 2016, 17:57 »
Thanks guys. Also bout a Karchar K2 today as well as a bunch of cleaning stuff from clean my car.

Best detailing website ever!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4077 on: 25 March 2016, 19:14 »
Thanks guys. Also bout a Karchar K2 today as well as a bunch of cleaning stuff from clean my car.

The K2 (hope its powerful enough) was a Homebase special - including the home kit £83.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4078 on: 25 March 2016, 19:24 »
Spent £100 online yesterday, ordering detailing stuff ready for when my "in the wraps" car finally appears. This forum has a lot to answer for! Hoping my basic Bosch Aquatak will look after the snowfoaming.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4079 on: 25 March 2016, 22:37 »

The K2 (hope its powerful enough) was a Homebase special - including the home kit £83.

The K2 is easily powerful enough.  I use a the K2 but the compact one just for car washing duty and it's great. Course you probably don't want me to tell you you could've picked up a very similar version (compact so minus wheels and long handle but otherwise same machine) from Amazon for £69.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-Compact-Air-Cooled-Pressure-Washer/dp/B009QX8AOA
« Last Edit: 25 March 2016, 22:48 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual