Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4000 on: 18 March 2016, 10:17 »
Hit a pheasant which managed to destroy the ACC sensor and grille, ACC sensors are a tad expensive  :shocked:

That's not good Wigit - out of interest did the car slap the breaks on automatically?

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4001 on: 18 March 2016, 11:49 »
With all this talk of swirls on new cars etc. (mine was thankfully fine when I got it) I'm very surprised that dealers aren't making the investment (in materials and training if nothing else) of their valeting bays. If nothing else, the ones that are sending out new cars to detailers could plough that money into the valeting bay and actually improve the quality of valet and their reputation.

I know timescales (per car) are sometimes limited for the valeters but at least give them the right stuff (and enough of it not to have to reuse stuff like the same cloth/drying towel etc. all day)

I know 'some' tiny scratches are almost unavoidable in a high volume valeting bay, but it's not hard to at least minimise the "washed with a brillo pad" style valeting, surely?
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4002 on: 18 March 2016, 12:42 »
Yes, worrying. No chances to be taken! Yesterday I arranged with my dealer to collect my GTi "in the wraps".

When's it coming Talk-torque?  Hopefully not long now till you can get your detailing mitts on it. Need any advice just give us a shout.   :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4003 on: 18 March 2016, 13:03 »
Hit a pheasant which managed to destroy the ACC sensor and grille, ACC sensors are a tad expensive  :shocked:

That's not good Wigit - out of interest did the car slap the breaks on automatically?

I'd doubt it, the radar isn't designed to pick out soft targets. Maybe the latest pedestrian avoidance systems might, but i think those work on a TV visual recognition system rather than radar.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4004 on: 18 March 2016, 14:01 »

First mod I did on mine was covering it up,

I was looking at my knob (settle down!!!  :grin:) on the way to work yesterday and it actually has a sticker on it to show the power sign. I wonder if it was peeled off what it would leave underneath?

I doubt I'd be able to get the sticker as central as above and that would just annoy me.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4005 on: 18 March 2016, 16:04 »
That has to be the most ridiculous so called 'mod' ever :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Gorocco

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4006 on: 18 March 2016, 16:19 »
With all this talk of swirls on new cars etc. (mine was thankfully fine when I got it) I'm very surprised that dealers aren't making the investment (in materials and training if nothing else) of their valeting bays. If nothing else, the ones that are sending out new cars to detailers could plough that money into the valeting bay and actually improve the quality of valet and their reputation.

I know timescales (per car) are sometimes limited for the valeters but at least give them the right stuff (and enough of it not to have to reuse stuff like the same cloth/drying towel etc. all day)

I know 'some' tiny scratches are almost unavoidable in a high volume valeting bay, but it's not hard to at least minimise the "washed with a brillo pad" style valeting, surely?

I've found a couple of scratches on mine that appear to be from the wash process. No swirls but it looks like a dirty rag has been used. I'm not expecting perfection so it could be worse but I will never let the dealer wash the car again. 
PP, tints, Chassis Control.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4007 on: 18 March 2016, 16:46 »
That has to be the most ridiculous so called 'mod' ever :whistle:

Yes.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Last Edit: 19 March 2016, 13:23 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4009 on: 19 March 2016, 13:19 »
Couple of pics of new car. Nothing anybody hasn't seen before :rolleyes:
First time I've attempted to add pictures so here goes nothing :laugh:

No idea how to get them to show up properly.
AVForums puts this site to shame in regards to posting pictures :sad:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14