Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3660 on: 25 January 2016, 18:46 »

Get off the fence Rebecca, do you like the estate or not?  :laugh:

I completely agree with you, proportionally it looks wrong, but hey, different strokes. Even the interior load dimensions are a bit odd. I had a look at a normal Golf Estate recently and while the boot is deep (obviously), it is quite narrow. I think if you really need a big load lugging estate, the Golf is not the answer - you need a Passat sized wagon - IMO.

I think it might be better if I got on the fence Joe. :laugh:  After I've been to get a pair of glasses that is, which may have prevented me from uncharacteristically misreading posts and causing immense upset to others!

But no, I won't sit on the fence. IMO there is something 'off' about the R Estate and I'm sure it's to do with it having the same wheelbase of the hatch which makes the proportions look all wrong.  If I was in the market for an estate, and I did look a while back when my other half was thinking off getting one, it would not be an R Estate.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3661 on: 25 January 2016, 18:48 »

Oooooo, I like that. It's just a pity about the rear lights.

You only like it because it's red.  :tongue:  Rear lights are poor on the R Estate.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2016, 18:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3662 on: 25 January 2016, 19:02 »
I think people think the estate is a bit 'daddy cool', what it is in fact is 'daddy, daddy cool' i.e. just like Boney M and uncool

Proportions are wrong on this car with the wheel base the Seat looks the same, some how the Octavia pulls it off better

If you want a cool estate Audi of BMW for me, if you want a proper estate Passat all the way

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3663 on: 25 January 2016, 19:14 »
I think people think the estate is a bit 'daddy cool', what it is in fact is 'daddy, daddy cool' i.e. just like Boney M and uncool

Proportions are wrong on this car with the wheel base the Seat looks the same, some how the Octavia pulls it off better

If you want a cool estate Audi of BMW for me, if you want a proper estate Passat all the way

When I was looking around for an Estate (not needed now) I looked at the Octavia Estate and agree with you, it does somehow pull it off, where others Golf included, fail.  Passat or Audi Estate would have been my choice but HWMBO was being tight with the cash and refused to play.  Then he saw the Amarok and was smitten - cost suddenly went out the window.  :rolleyes:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3664 on: 25 January 2016, 19:23 »
My sincerest apologies. I did completely misread your post. Must be having a bad day. Maybe a trip to the opticians is in order.

I hope you enjoy your Mk7 GTD Estate when you get it and your wife whatever she ultimately gets, if indeed it turns out to be a Clubsport or R.

Are you now satisfied I am correctly informed of what you drive?  I hope this makes you feel better.

No need to apologise, just a need to read!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3665 on: 25 January 2016, 19:34 »
My sincerest apologies. I did completely misread your post. Must be having a bad day. Maybe a trip to the opticians is in order.

I hope you enjoy your Mk7 GTD Estate when you get it and your wife whatever she ultimately gets, if indeed it turns out to be a Clubsport or R.

Are you now satisfied I am correctly informed of what you drive?  I hope this makes you feel better.

I read a great deal and usually very accurately, but we all make mistakes (maybe you don't?), and as a result you (or your car) had the misfortune to be the subject of my error, but I do not see the need to get so uptight and affronted about it.   
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3666 on: 26 January 2016, 08:17 »

Is it really cool to have to think about what other people might think may me cool? Does it really matter?

When all is said and done, it's still a useful tool that sneaks under the radar.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3667 on: 26 January 2016, 08:51 »
It's the over hang at the back that's out of proportion. Not as bad as a Honda accord tourer but nearly  :smiley:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3668 on: 26 January 2016, 10:10 »

I read a great deal and usually very accurately, but we all make mistakes (maybe you don't?), and as a result you (or your car) had the misfortune to be the subject of my error, but I do not see the need to get so uptight and affronted about it.   

From your recent posts it would seem that you are the one that is getting uptight about people pointing out that the car you have is 'very popular' amongst VW buyers. If it makes you feel better I don't see many black R's  :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3669 on: 26 January 2016, 12:39 »
Jeez fella. Anyone would think you were the female one here... having to have the last word. :laugh:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.