Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3630 on: 23 January 2016, 21:13 »
Washed it for the first time this year (only dry day i have been able to). Hoovered, Washed and a coat of c2v. Should have taken a before photo as well because it was filthy.

Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3631 on: 23 January 2016, 21:21 »
Washed it for the first time this year (only dry day i have been able to). Hoovered, Washed and a coat of c2v. Should have taken a before photo as well because it was filthy.

They do come up a treat with a bit of TLC.Just trying to find the right weather and temps.Nice outside today.More like Spring. :smiley:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3632 on: 23 January 2016, 21:35 »
Thanks Rebecca! You've done all the hard work for me lol. They do look great, it's really something VW should provide as standard, like the foot rest too.

Looks like they don't deliver to Ireland but I can get around that with Parcel Motel.

Happy to oblige.  :laugh:

Joe, what is Parcel Motel?.......sounds intriguing!

It's a courier service, it's very handy because you can use a UK address, provided by parcel motel, if buying something online  (basically parcel motel's depot in Belfast). 

Then when the parcel lands in Belfast, Parcel Motel deliver it down to me.
It's good value in cases like this and especially in cases where it's free UK delivery and extortionate delivery to everywhere else!

Great idea, very handy for this kind of thing.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #3633 on: 23 January 2016, 21:38 »
Saw a Golf R Estate today. Not a fan  :sick:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3634 on: 23 January 2016, 21:46 »

Agree, they are hideous.  Not seen one in the flesh yet, but lots of pics on another forum confirm my original thoughts about it.  The back end is truly horrible and not much better from the side  :sick: :sick: :sick:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3635 on: 23 January 2016, 22:54 »

Agree, they are hideous.  Not seen one in the flesh yet, but lots of pics on another forum confirm my original thoughts about it.  The back end is truly horrible and not much better from the side  :sick: :sick: :sick:

The problem is, cars of Golf proportions do not suit an Estate shape. I think the Audi A6 and VW Passat are good lookers in estate form (some would say even better looking than their saloon versions). But the Golf looks "wrong" as an estate IMO. It's too narrow, wheelbase too short, it clearly looks like a hatch with a box added onto the back.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3636 on: 23 January 2016, 23:02 »

The problem is, cars of Golf proportions do not suit an Estate shape. I think the Audi A6 and VW Passat are good lookers in estate form (some would say even better looking than their saloon versions). But the Golf looks "wrong" as an estate IMO. It's too narrow, wheelbase too short, it clearly looks like a hatch with a box added onto the back.

You sum it up perfectly Joe.

Agree, the Passat and Audi (and one or two others) look much better in the estate variant.  The R estate is the hatch with a box bolted onto the back, it does not look like a car designed as an estate from the ground up. In short it transforms it into one ugly car.

And away from all that, and I've said it recently I think, as a purist, IMO a hot hatch should NEVER be an estate.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2016, 23:07 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3637 on: 23 January 2016, 23:08 »

Agree, the Passat and Audi (and one or two others) look much better in the estate variant.  The R estate is the hatch with a box bolted onto the back, it does not look like a car designed as an estate from the ground up. In short it transforms it into one ugly car.

And away from all that, and I've said it recently I think, as a purist, IMO a hot hatch should NEVER be an estate.

If I won the lottery, my "sensible" car would probably be an RS6.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3638 on: 23 January 2016, 23:22 »
Yep agreed, my lotto runabout car would be an RS6 Avant! In fact I thInk I'd prefer the RS6 over something more "exotic" like the R8...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3639 on: 23 January 2016, 23:33 »
i so like a RS6 especially with about 700bhp